View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Getting the following error in the EP Haggle 2012a script 
Ensign

Unread post Getting the following error in the EP Haggle 2012a script
Here is the error I am getting when doing planet negotiation with the port using the EP Haggle 2012a script

Quote:
We are buying up to 9741. You have 9741 on planet Eden 4.
How many units of Equipment do you want to sell [9741]? 5000
Agreed, 5,000 units.

We'll buy them for 427,398 credits.
Your offer [427,398]?
Derive Failed, Port parameters could not be determined.
Ensure that MBBS and Planetary Trade values are correct.

Counter is ZERO, input Counter manually, (or ENTER to accept their offer):> 4615
Your offer [427,398]? 461589

We'll buy them for 434,470 credits.
Your offer [434,470]?
Counter is ZERO, input Counter manually, (or ENTER to accept their offer):> 4439
Your offer [434,470]? 443909
Done, we'll take the lot.

You have 3,835,861 credits.

Command [TL=00:00:00]:[5469] (?=Help)? :

Any idea why it's doing this? MBBS is off on the TWGS server and the planetary trade is set to 85% in the haggle script and that's what it's set to in the server, if planetary trade offers is the correct setting to look at for that. Thanks

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:33 pm
Gameop

Unread post Re: Getting the following error in the EP Haggle 2012a scrip
Only time I've seen that is when your trading below value on the port. I.e. your trading at a port that's already at 35%, etc.. Or if you told it MBBS mode on and it's actually of.

ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:48 pm
Profile ICQ
Ensign

ah, could be Kaus. I only upgraded the port to like 26K. I did get one planet neg that worked right, might have been when the port was at 100%. I mean it is still negotiating and getting more money, just showing this error and having trouble calculating the MCIC. But it may be SWATH doing the negotiation after the script errors. MBBS is off in the server and off in the haggle script, and port value is 85% in the TWGS and in the script. Thanks

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:51 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

SteveH_66, this problem has been known for a while. I do not know what other players have done, I just went back to SWATH's haggle--I do not need every last credit. If you use SWATH you can set up a trigger for "Counter is ZERO" and have it send "^M" as a macro. That would not haggle, however. If you worked the following into your script you could haggle somewhat, but you cannot force 2012a to haggle if it does not want to.

# Replace $sellFuel with your variable name
send "pt" $sellFuel "*"
# Adjust the delay to however many miliseconds you want
setDelayTrigger delay :wait 5000
waitFor "We'll sell them for"
getText CURRENTLINE $offer "them for " " credits."
stripText $offer ","
waitFor "empty cargo holds."
killTrigger delay
halt

:wait
# Add your own haggling subroutine or include someone else's
multiply $offer 102
divide $offer 100
send $offer "*"

I hope that I helped!

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:25 pm
Ensign

Thanks Grey Gamer, appreciate the advice. I don't run into trouble with EP's haggle very much, usually works quite well, just seems to be that rare occasion when it runs into something and maybe doesn't know how to deal with it - or could be that it's the kind of problem it would be hard for any script to deal with. I'm pretty good at just finishing the haggle out by hand usually. As a kinda sorta scripter myself I know how hard it can be to cover every possible situation, EP wrote a heck of a script there and he seems to have really nailed that math.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:43 pm
Commander

Instead of the Derive Failed error, I need to implement a fall back routine of some sort. Yes it will lose a few credits, but I believe these only occur on ship trades... so at most we're talking about 250 holds of equipment, in which case we might be talking about 5K in lost profit.

I'll implement this for the next release.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

Sounds like a plan EP, if it's not too big a deal to implement with all you probably have on your plate already. I don't see that message too often actually, I think mostly I've seen it at ports that are traded way down as Kaus said. I've got some pretty active gold aliens in the game on the test server it would seem. :lol: I went in and set them to not trade a port down below 80 or 90% I think.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:50 am
Ensign

Oh, by the way, was just wondering if you realized that the truncate command leaves a number with a decimal point and a zero or zero's in the decimal places?

I noticed it because I had written a ship cap script to replace the one I lost with ALL my other scripts in a hard disk crash :cry: (Guess I'll learn to backup better someday, and keep track of the disks :lol: ) and I ran into a bit of a shock when I modded it to play around with the Truncate command and see if that helped it work more efficiently - I seem to remember my old ship cap script almost never failing in a single fig wave cap but the one I just wrote has been failing more than I like.

Anyway, first time I used it, I kinda got a shock when it sent like 3800 figs or something to cap the alien and wasted him and gave me a tasty helping of that good ole corbo :)

So I worked the math on the calculator and it was right except for an extra zero. So, I put in a pause and checked the variables and saw that the shields variable I was using was setting to like 270.0 and the other variables were setting to a decimal place and a zero after being Truncated.

It seems the game doesn't choke when you send it a number with a decimal point and a 0 in the decimal place, it seems to just ignore the decimal point and treat it like 2500 instead of 250.0 or whatever. Just thought I would mention that.

As to the ship cap script, I guess I should post a new topic and ask if anyone else has trouble with single fig wave ship capping. Don't want to take this threat that far off topic lol.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]