View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Remembering Space Ghost 
Lance Corporal

Unread post Re: Remembering Space Ghost
Wow.....

I went cruising the net tonight for something from my past and am very saddened to find this thread. I am Nightraven. I was one of the founding members of Boo, Inc. I fought many a battle alongside Medusa and Kav. I spent many a night sitting online with SG developing warp scripts waiting for some innocent suck...err victim to hit one of our fighters so we could warp a planet in and blast them to hell.

I had a lot of fun back in those days. I haven't played TW for Years. I might look into playing again.

Sitting here tonight brought both close to tears and laughter all at the same time.

You are missed Tom.

Nightraven
Boo, Inc.

Sun May 08, 2011 10:21 pm
Lance Corporal

Hello All,

I went cruising the Net tonight looking for old info about Trade Wars. I haven't played in years (like 10+). I found this forum and found this information.

My heart is heavy with the memories I have of Tom. We were friends for a long time. I spent many a night sitting on comms with him, running planet warp scripts waiting for some suck...errrr victim to hit one of our fighters so both and and I could warp in on them at the same time.

I am Nightraven. One of the founding members of Boo, Inc. I remember the games played with SG, Medusa, and Kav. There were a few others who rotated through our ranks but those are the names I remember as always being there.

You will be missed my friend.

Nightraven
Boo, Inc.

Sun May 08, 2011 11:01 pm
Lance Corporal

Sorry for the double posting. I did not realize that my post had to be approved.

Nightraven
Boo!, Inc.

Tue May 10, 2011 9:47 am
Ambassador

Nightraven,

I havent seen you for many years and this a sad reason to remeet. I recall that you designed the Boo! Inc website. Tom liked what you created.

Kav

Thu May 12, 2011 4:34 pm
Lance Corporal

I did indeed design the website. That brought some more memories to mind of Tom and I sitting in chat while I was working on the site. I would make a change, he would look at it and tell me what he wanted changed. Good times man, Good F'in times.

God I am gonna miss him... :-(

Nightraven

Thu May 12, 2011 7:47 pm
Sergeant

Had a few minutes to surf while waiting on a job assignment for this weekend and managed to find this page again thanks to Crucher's blog. I've lost my ICQ login so can't communicate with any of the old farts but just wanted u all to know, like SG, u will always have a place in my heart. He was the first one to pdrop me back in the old days and I didn't have a clue. Of course, while I was sitting in my pod wondering what to do next, he told me what he had done and how. He was a great teacher and great teammate if you were in trouble which I was many times. Hopefully it won't be another three years before I get back here although I have no time anymore to play. God Bless you all, friend and foe alike. :twisted: Especially you Kav

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:03 pm
Lance Corporal

Hey adomma ... good to hear from you again man.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:47 pm
Gameop

I’ve been away from the forums for a bit, and just read through this thread, and thought I’d add my two bits in.
I’d moved away from TW after college and had just rediscovered it on the web and had been building my own hosting site for about a year when Tom asked me to host my first tournament. I thought this to be a great opportunity, and did just that after Tom made the edits, rules, and such, then he backed off to let me run the tournament. Green as I was, I made a fair share of mistakes, and Tom was one of the first to point them out. We’d had many conversations about the game via the phone or chats and talked on a daily basis. But when the tournament started going south, I found myself in a position I’d only thought I could handle. Tom didn’t like my ultimate decisions in that game, and we didn’t get along publicly for some time after.
Looking back, Tom had been a good friend, and had a great knowledge of not only the game mechanics, but the history of the game. How he was able to keep it all stored and organized in his head I’ll never know. I still remember him making me laugh, & sometimes making me cry in games.
I’d picked up the phone a few months before Tom passed, and we’d had some good conversations about life, and game both. I don’t think he ever really forgave me for the tournament, but we’d put it aside, and moved on. I’m glad we’d have those few months before he passed to “patch things up” and I’d been looking forward to perhaps running a few games again. His passing took a lot of wind out of me, and the game to a point, but I’m encouraged by the ideas to have Toms memory live on. He was a true ambassador to the game, and I can only hope that the game lives forever as he’d wanted it to, and as he will in our memories.
Personally I like many of the ideas posted to honor Tom. My favorite is a pod manufacture “Boo Inc.” and a (ghost) pirate ship perhaps names something like SG’s Ghostship, that randomly wanders the universe, can’t be killed, and when it wanders into your sector a few credits mysteriously vanish from your wallets, and he vanishes in a flash of red light with a message “time tells all tales”.
Rest in peace Tom, your memory will go on.

http://www.twsubspace.com <-- Expired
Teamspeak 3 50.23.212.53:4196 <-- Expired
Just a has been now.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Private 1st Class

SG is gone? This saddens me immensely. I remember him being the Ghost with the most! Pods in the USO!

I havent played tradewars in almost a decade and it hurts to know one of my friends is no longer with us.

My most memorable moments with SG were tw con 2k +1. I had just hit Vegas and met with Retaliator and Maelene, Theres SG with a handful of cash. He'd ht it big playing dice :)

His radio station! We'd sit there and talk and he'd play a song for me :)

I will miss my friend.

Speedy ( The original)

Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:16 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Site Admin

This post made me smile :)

SG was a character, no doubt.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Warrant Officer

wow. just wow. I was just looking around thinking about getting back into the game, and found this thread. I can't believe SG has passed and it has almost been 1 year. I loved playing against SG. He was always a great competitor.

I think the thing I remember most about SG is the fact that no matter who you were if you asked for help/advice he was always there.

My first encounter with him was when I was playing with Jackal, and he told me that if I really wanted to learn how to play I needed to stop playing with the noob and he would show me.

SG, I will miss you my friend.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:28 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Ambassador

SG's son contacted me today, asking is we had any audio of his Dad.

Augie sent me this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kjnyxv0oonnyy1/WEJL%20-%20Soul%20ft%20Space%20Ghost.mp3?dl=0

If anyone has more please post here and I'll share with TJ.

Thanks!

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:42 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Cruncher wrote:
SG's son contacted me today, asking is we had any audio of his Dad.

Augie sent me this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kjnyxv0oonnyy1/WEJL%20-%20Soul%20ft%20Space%20Ghost.mp3?dl=0

If anyone has more please post here and I'll share with TJ.

Thanks!

Thank you for posting that broadcast.
I got mention @ 1:40:xx into it .. was really surprised to hear that .

If anyone has more of these please post , it is nice to hear names of the
elite (old players).

Best wishes.

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4