View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 UTW: MEGA-PIRATES: 20K,UNLIMITED:FRI 11/2 
Gameop

Location: Miami,Florida: Beautiful And So Conveniently Close To The United States!
Unread post 
"MEGA PIRATES" HAS INCOORPORATED "UNIQUE" UTW EDITS THAT HAVE BALANCED THE GAME PLAY BETWEEN RED AND BLUE PLAYERS,
INCLUDING A NEW POWERFUL SHIP CALLED THE "IRONCLAD", NON- TOURMAMENT MODE, NO DEATH LIMITS, 200% PORT REGENERATION.
IF YOU LIKE TO PLAY "PIRATES", THEN YOU WILL LOVE "UTW PIRATES!"

ULTIMATE TW: The Players "Popular" Choice for 2007, with 30 to 60 players online 24/7
Voted "Best Website Overall" And "Best Game Edits" In "2005 TW AWARDS!"
Come Join The Crowd!

Congratulations To Last Game Winners: Ceo Warghost, Black Rose and Silver Surfer of Team "Dragons Elite" for Conquering the Known Universe.

Last Game Duration: 24 Days With 15 Traders

http://www.ultimatetw.com port 23 will be rebanging
Game C:"MEGA PIRATES": 3 Man Teams, on Friday, November 2nd, 2007 at 7PM Eastern U.S. Time.

The game will have the following settings:

- UTW "MEGA-PIRATES" Ship And Planet Edits
- Introducing "The Iron Clad" and "The Steam Powered Sub" two new Ultimate heavy duty ship designs that can be used by "Blues and Reds" alike!
- 20K Sectors
- Unlimited Turns
- Unlimited Time
- 4 Players Per Corp.
- 4 Planets Per Sector
- 3 Day Truce ( Until The "V" Says Day 4 ) And When It's Over, One Rule Only, No Duping...ANYTHING ELSE GOES.
- GOLD-CLASSIC Settings
- Colonist Policy: 5 Million on 1st day, 2,500,000 On Days 2, 3 And 4
- General Rules Apply

General Truce Rules posted at http://www.ultimatetw.com/forum under Rules

We look forward to seeing you there! As always, if you have any suggestions or comments, we welcome them at our forums
http://www.ultimatetw.com/forum

New or Returning Players Are Always Welcome At Ultimate.
Join Game P, Newbie Bootcamp and get reacquainted with the game.

Good Hunting,

Sage

UTW: 2003 - 2013

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:22 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Hey Sage.... Just go killed 16 hrs into 3day truce game while cashing by corps three fighters at there plant location... guess who has 900k money and guess what they are going to get to get spent on. I just hope everyone can warp int SD

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:55 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Location: Miami,Florida: Beautiful And So Conveniently Close To The United States!
Unread post 
kilroy wrote:
Hey Sage.... Just go killed 16 hrs into 3day truce game while cashing by corps three fighters at there plant location... guess who has 900k money and guess what they are going to get to get spent on. I just hope everyone can warp int SD

I'm not sure but it sound to me like you blindly ran into another corp's home sector while scripting. If you log onto http://www.Ultimatetw.com and read the truce rules, you will see that players have to right to defend their home sectors to keep from being overrun by other players during a truce. If you think another player has broken the truce against you, please contact me on ICQ and send a screen cap showing the evidence of the volation to Ultimatetw@gmail.com. and I will be more than happy to address the problem.

UTW: 2003 - 2013

Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:34 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Really how can someone's planets or home sectors be over run in a truce????. Guess what... i know where they are... Duh..... If you cannt attack during a truce peroid...what purpose does it serve to put 5k offensive figs out.... but ... I guess it ok to to put home planets around SD and defend them.....So that they dont get OVER RUN during the truce period,,,,Remeber its your own rules... so you will just have to live with them

Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:40 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

Unread post 
kilroy wrote:
Really how can someone's planets or home sectors be over run in a truce????. Guess what... i know where they are... Duh..... If you cannt attack during a truce peroid...what purpose does it serve to put 5k offensive figs out.... but ... I guess it ok to to put home planets around SD and defend them.....So that they dont get OVER RUN during the truce period,,,,Remeber its your own rules... so you will just have to live with them

It is actually pretty common for truces to allow defending of bases that are not in open space with offensive figs and cannons.   If the base is in open space (not a dead end) then defensive figs and no cannons might be acceptable - depends on the server.  One of the problems with not defending your base is that macro colonizing will end up getting you fused when someone takes out a fig - some players seem to kill base figs on purpose just for this reason -  no attack on a player was made, still works the same - podded.

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:52 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
then why not put out a massive amount of def figs? even though no sector figs go very far usually.. so either way they can be podded, and then if kilroy made it through their 5k offensive figs and they got podded colonizing, would kilroy get banned?

Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:50 am
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
I have to admitt I see the logic in what PRo says about getting fused when Coloing. It still pissed me off that i lost so much money, but its been awhile and there is a relearning curve invovled.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:29 am
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

Unread post 
Hmm, is it just me or did something horrible go wrong during the time change? ROTFLOL...

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:53 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
yes sing.. bad

Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:33 pm
Veteran Op

Unread post 
time change only produced me a month worth of figs and product as well as upgrading everything I had. But it did tell me I had to wait 30 days before reentering after I logged out.. heh.   All in all.. not a bad deal.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:39 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]