View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Future Glossary Updates 
Captain

Unread post 
These Glossary Listing are not official as of yet, thus please do not depend on them as being 100%. Any updates, corrections, editions, etc. you may have, please post them in this subject thread.

* Please do not make any posts in the actual Glossary sections themselves. Thank you in advance for any assistance you may lend. [:D]

Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:04 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant

Unread post 
Rexx will you quit with this stupid glossary BS spamming up all the threads???

if we want to read a glossary of terms we will go to tw cabal where they were written by an expert, not someone who doesn't even play.

please

stop

Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:24 pm
Commander

Unread post 
Stockton do you have a positive word for anyone or can you just flap your ignorant mouth?
Rexx put work into this for new and returning players.
Do the community a favor and shut your ignornant pie hole

BTW ...closed games can be arranged when you run out of excuses!

Coconut Telegraph (ICQ)#586137616
Team Speak3@ 220.244.125.70:9987
Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Winner of Gridwars 2010 - Ka Pla
Jesus wounldn't Subspace Crawl

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:32 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant

Unread post 
parrot, this is deniro, the guy who asked Sage to allow you BACK into the game after you broke the truce multiple times.. yes the same deniro that ship destroyed your entire corp about two hours after truce was up....

so you are talking smack to someone that was so coccky and confident that he asked a sysop to allow you back into a game just so i could kill you ... what excuses?????

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:54 pm
Captain

Unread post 
Stockton, from you that is very much a compliment and I happily welcome you comments anytime. So I'll just end by saying thank you. [:P]

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:52 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant

Unread post 
lol that was a classy response i have to admit.

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:48 pm
Captain

Unread post 
Hahaa, all and all I think Stockton is a pretty kewl dude... and Parrot going up against Stocky, well I’ll just say that he is a much braver man than I. Hehe. BTW thanks for the backing P, that’s cool. [;)]

Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:06 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
BTW I was advised to do a final update of the Glossary after-which it was going to be taken over. the errors were going to be corrected and then the treads were going to be locked up. But, since then some negative stuff has happened and I am not sure if that still stands or not. However, I still want to do a final rereading to fix typos, formatting, and stuff like that before it actually gets corrected anyways but, I have not had the time to get to that yet, as I was already suppose to have finished that. so I am still wanting to do that and hope I get to finished that by the end of this week. The thought of reading through a long 28-pages of text is making me wince and tremble, Gulp!! [xx(]

Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:15 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
Rexx,
Do your final edits as planned. I'm gonna try to hold harley to his promise to help with this project. Failing that, I'll pick up where he left off.

Man, I gotta quit showing up here...next thing you know i'll get dragged back in.

Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Thank you Traitor, that would be outstanding. I was planning on emailing him the final edit once I have finished that and crossing my fingers, but your way sounds well... outstanding, splendid, superb. You get the point. [:P]

Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:59 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
I found these on the Stardock, while tooling around, thought they were pretty cool. Is there any objection to including them in the Glossary or a few of them or none, or...whatnot?

SHOW ME DA MONEY: Big D, Webmaster of Silver Wings, this is
what he calls a "donation"! Example: Show me da money and I will let you play on my server. (Bad Girl)

TIMBERWOLFED: The immediate plugging your server via advertisement or "reminder" following someone else's game announcement in an attempt to divert users attention to your system. Example: Sg timberwolfed my game announcement with info about HHT... (Andrew Wyatt)

ENERGIZER BUNNYISM: A post or topic in e-groups that causes the message responses to go on and on and on and on! (NIGHTWING)

ELEQTRIQSIDE: The ability to photon pass huge amount of figs and slide into enemy territory and cause great destruction with just a little trizi'T, all this while DISCO music plays in the background! (Eleqtrizi'T)

PODLEM: The inability to see what most ships look like on the inside for any long period of time. Most players with "PODLEM" only see the escape pod or worse a scout. (Hekate)

TYPO FIASCO: You mean to type in a sector to warp to...say 1001..and you accidently type in 1010 and BOOM! You suddenly contract Ghostitis! (Timberwolf)

GHOSTITIS: The ability to live comfortably in a small space for a long period of time. Example: Space Ghost attracts GHOSTITIS within 20 min. of entering a game with his desire to live in a POD!

WHITE CANING KABOOM: When you tell a fellow teammate to blindwarp to a certain sector and you forget to lift up your fig. Example: BG leaves fig down then tells her evil on another corp to blindwarp! (Eleqtrizi'T)

DISCO'D: Disconnected at an inopportune moment, bad timing or as in a John Travolta dance Step. (Lord Chaos)

SELF-HAZARDIZATION: Running in to a Level 3 or above planet and blowing ones self to pieces..Example: Morpheus should have stopped for that RED light! (Lady Ice & Lord Chaos)

REVERSED POLARITY: a Blue who attacks another Blue in an ISS and goes Red. Example: Guardian did the cross dressing ..oops cross over today when he attacked and killed Space Ghost. (Lord Chaos)

Bi-Alignment: TW players who play red and blue equally well. An example is Artemis is Bi! (Lord Chaos)

Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:09 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
Rexx,
Those terms are kinda dated. I don't see how they add anything to the glossary, any more than Stenning would.

Man, I gotta quit showing up here...next thing you know i'll get dragged back in.

Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:53 am
Profile WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Yea, but some are pretty cool, you gotta admit... they could bring a whole new level to in-game flamming too... if used properly that is. eh! [:P]

Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:33 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
I think that only the people who were there should use them. If you wern't there, or don't know the people, they are meaningless

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Unread post Re:
RexxCrow wrote:
I found these on the Stardock, while tooling around, thought they were pretty cool. Is there any objection to including them in the Glossary or a few of them or none, or...whatnot?

SHOW ME DA MONEY: Big D, Webmaster of Silver Wings, this is
what he calls a "donation"! Example: Show me da money and I will let you play on my server. (Bad Girl)

TIMBERWOLFED: The immediate plugging your server via advertisement or "reminder" following someone else's game announcement in an attempt to divert users attention to your system. Example: Sg timberwolfed my game announcement with info about HHT... (Andrew Wyatt)

ENERGIZER BUNNYISM: A post or topic in e-groups that causes the message responses to go on and on and on and on! (NIGHTWING)

ELEQTRIQSIDE: The ability to photon pass huge amount of figs and slide into enemy territory and cause great destruction with just a little trizi'T, all this while DISCO music plays in the background! (Eleqtrizi'T)

PODLEM: The inability to see what most ships look like on the inside for any long period of time. Most players with "PODLEM" only see the escape pod or worse a scout. (Hekate)

TYPO FIASCO: You mean to type in a sector to warp to...say 1001..and you accidently type in 1010 and BOOM! You suddenly contract Ghostitis! (Timberwolf)

GHOSTITIS: The ability to live comfortably in a small space for a long period of time. Example: Space Ghost attracts GHOSTITIS within 20 min. of entering a game with his desire to live in a POD!

WHITE CANING KABOOM: When you tell a fellow teammate to blindwarp to a certain sector and you forget to lift up your fig. Example: BG leaves fig down then tells her evil on another corp to blindwarp! (Eleqtrizi'T)

DISCO'D: Disconnected at an inopportune moment, bad timing or as in a John Travolta dance Step. (Lord Chaos)

SELF-HAZARDIZATION: Running in to a Level 3 or above planet and blowing ones self to pieces..Example: Morpheus should have stopped for that RED light! (Lady Ice & Lord Chaos)

REVERSED POLARITY: a Blue who attacks another Blue in an ISS and goes Red. Example: Guardian did the cross dressing ..oops cross over today when he attacked and killed Space Ghost. (Lord Chaos)

Bi-Alignment: TW players who play red and blue equally well. An example is Artemis is Bi! (Lord Chaos)

I found these totally and utterly hellarious! I guess these were created about the time I was playing because I know all of the players mentioned above. Whoever wrote these has quite the imagination! Eleq?

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:11 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next