View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 TradeWars Icon Pack 
Captain

Unread post 
I thought it would be cool to put together an Icon pack to use for your favorite Helper utility or whatever. I converted about 59 images (ships, space images, logo's, emblems, etc.) in XP and 16.8M versions, feel free to download them using the below links. Both packages contain the same icons, just one was scanned for 24-bit and the other 32-bit.

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_XP.ZIP"]Download TW Icons for XP (32-bit)[/url]

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_16.8M.ZIP"]Download TW Icons for Windows 16.8M (24-bit)[/url]

Fri May 26, 2006 6:28 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by RexxCrow

I thought it would be cool to put together an Icon pack to use for your favorite Helper utility or whatever. I converted about 59 images (ships, space images, logo's, emblems, etc.) in XP and 16.8M versions, feel free to download them using the below links. Both packages contain the same icons, just one was scanned for 24-bit and the other 32-bit.

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_XP.ZIP"]Download TW Icons for XP (32-bit)[/url]

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_16.8M.ZIP"]Download TW Icons for Windows 16.8M (24-bit)[/url]

Very cool. Work great. Thanks ;)

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Fri May 26, 2006 3:35 pm
Captain

Unread post 
Thanks, is the first time I made Icons, was worried they might only display right on my computer or something stupid would be wrong with em.

Fri May 26, 2006 11:54 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Unread post 

Thanks, is the first time I made Icons, was worried they might only display right on my computer or something stupid would be wrong with em.

Nope. They worked great. Threw them on the wife's system. Of course, she said "get that space stuff off my desktop now!!" I said, "but dear, this is TradeWars. Not stuff, but TRADEWARS". lol

My son tested them too on hissystem and they worked out real great. Nice and clean. Are we allowed to post on our site as well?

--

Sat May 27, 2006 10:48 pm
Captain

Unread post 
Hahaa, hope they don't lead to domestic violence! [B)] j/k
Sure, do with them what you wish, as long as they are free.

Sat May 27, 2006 10:54 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Unread post 

Hahaa, hope they don't lead to domestic violence! [B)] j/k
Sure, do with them what you wish, as long as they are free.

Of course. I'll post on our TradeWars site. If you do any more like this hit me up. always happy to host or mirror files for other people.

--

Sun May 28, 2006 12:15 am
Captain

Unread post 
I just finished doing a update pack of 8 Logo/emblem Icons that have transparent backgrounds, I only did this for the XP because it is sort of a pain and I am thinking that the XP should probably work on whatever system regardless, just might not look as smooth. I updated the orginal set as well, but included these eight in a smaller pack so nobody has to download the whole thing all over again. I was going to do more but there is to much detail and without the black background they somewhat loose their effect.

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_XP_UPDATE-1.ZIP"]Download TW Icons for XP UPDATE 1 (32-bit)[/url]

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Alright I just finished putting together a new pack of these things and fixed a few mistakes I found in a couple of the ones I already finished. I even made a few especially for SWATH, but you can't really see the words on the desktop, but you can when viewing them as Thumbnails.

Update-1 contains: 8-transparent logos/emblems and one additional icons included in the original pack that I found had lines left on the boarder, (those are now removed.)

Update-2 contains: The two icons I found to have mistakes in them, they are now corrected.

Update-3 contains: 223 new icons.

The original XP file contains 290 total icons. I have only converted the icons for XP 32-bit, as it is much to time consuming doing them in 2 formats, anyways hey should work either way.

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_XP_UPDATE-1.ZIP"]Download TW Icons for XP UPDATE 1 (32-bit)[/url]

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_XP_UPDATE-2.ZIP"]Download TW Icons for XP UPDATE 2 (32-bit)[/url]

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_XP_UPDATE-3.ZIP"]Download TW Icons for XP UPDATE 3 (32-bit)[/url]

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_XP.ZIP"]Download All TW Icons for XP (32-bit)[/url]

Additionally, I forgot to mention before that all images were converted from Jpeg images/wallpapers, most were from: http://www.desktopstarships.com the Fusion images were mainly from a NASA/NASA affiliated site (I don't recall I gathered them a long time ago.) Well I had fun working on this project and other then fixing anymore mistakes that surface with them and tying to get the wording more visible, I am considering these icon packages complete as being more then enough to suffice!

Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:36 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Unread post 

Alright I just finished putting together a new pack of these things and fixed a few mistakes I found in a couple of the ones I already finished. I even made a few especially for SWATH, but you can't really see the words on the desktop, but you can when viewing them as Thumbnails.

Update-1 contains: 8-transparent logos/emblems and one additional icons included in the original pack that I found had lines left on the boarder, (those are now removed.)

Update-2 contains: The two icons I found to have mistakes in them, they are now corrected.

Update-3 contains: 223 new icons.

The original XP file contains 290 total icons. I have only converted the icons for XP 32-bit, as it is much to time consuming doing them in 2 formats, anyways hey should work either way.

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_XP_UPDATE-2.ZIP"]Download TW Icons for XP UPDATE 2 (32-bit)[/url]

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_XP_UPDATE-3.ZIP"]Download TW Icons for XP UPDATE 3 (32-bit)[/url]

[url="www.blackhorizontwgs.net/TW_Icons_XP.ZIP"]Download All TW Icons for XP (32-bit)[/url]

Additionally, I forgot to mention before that all images were converted from Jpeg images/wallpapers, most were from: http://www.desktopstarships.com the Fusion images were mainly from a NASA/NASA affiliated site (I don't recall I gathered them a long time ago.) Well I had fun working on this project and other then fixing anymore mistakes that surface with them and tying to get the wording more visible, I am considering these icon packages complete as being more then enough to suffice!

Very nice work Rexx. I will post on our download section as well.

--

Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:11 pm
Captain

Unread post 
Alright, that sounds good, thanks again.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:25 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Unread post 

Alright, that sounds good, thanks again.

No problem.. Anything...for the Captain of the Enterprise...

--

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:55 pm
Captain

Unread post 
Haha, don't go startin' rumors now... well ok go ahead! [;)]

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:10 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Unread post 

Haha, don't go startin' rumors now... well ok go ahead! [;)]

Ok... Rexx is my new friend ;)

--

Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]