View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Glossary of Terminologies 
Veteran Op

Unread post 
dets... there's a % of times that cols won't det you. I think it's based on the col amt. Never worked out the math, either moved cols or just took the pod.

Fusion drive.. tedit has a place for it in the ship section, so I guess they matter. Always just thought this was more or less a red herring, but I guess it effects the resell value somehow.

Shipboard computers... don't confuse this with a combat scanner. Combat scanners are available on certain ship types and they're the things that determine shielding level. Every ship has a "shipboard computer" as that's just the msg that comes in from various types of hits and damage counts (cannon blasts, ftr hits, limpets, and more).

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Tue May 02, 2006 3:55 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Opps, I guess I mixed up the computer with the combat scanner, will fix that.

Tue May 02, 2006 5:13 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
Fusion drive affects the resale value some trivial amount. Mostly a red herring. It COULD be used for something else, if JP wanted to do something with it tho.

Collies and Dets. I've never figured out the math, cause it's pretty random. I either move the collies, or kill them. Sometimes I'll risk the pod, but when you det a planet, there is always at least 10% hazz. If you get podded, there is a chance that your pod will get #SD# from the hazz. It seems to only happen to you when your death would throw a serious monkey wrench into your corps plans. [:D]

Man, I gotta quit showing up here...next thing you know i'll get dragged back in.

Tue May 02, 2006 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Man, I was hoping you had the formula for that figured out Traitor! If anybody knows it is probably either you or EP! Could it maybe be something like a 10% chance per 1,000 colo's or something like that?

Tue May 02, 2006 8:15 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
I only figure out the important bits. [:D]

Honestly, it's almost always better to either move them or kill them than take a pod. I am sure that in certain circumstances (like you don't have time, or whatever) that it's better to take the risk of #SD# and just det the planet. Because if you can't keep them, make sure nobody else can use them.

Man, I gotta quit showing up here...next thing you know i'll get dragged back in.

Tue May 02, 2006 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

Unread post 
In timed games, when does the daily time reset, still Midnight?
Also, do Photons work the same way in timed as in unlmited? ...and the turns used prompts do not display in either, correct?

Tue May 02, 2006 10:41 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Some new words to add, I am not sure how correct or descriptive these all are, so please feel free to point out my error’s and such. [;)]

Unlimited Turn Games
In these types of games, the use of turns is not a factor in playing in portion of the game, other then how a task is chosen to be completed, i.e. Express-warping for colonists would require more time then Bwarping and Twarping to acquire the same number of colonists. Unlimited games may or may not have a time limit imposed within them, which would require the planning of an additional strategic planning to compete. When playing in Unlimited Turn Games the Turns Used Prompts are not Displayed. The use of Photons in Unlimited Turn Games will dampen a Photoned player for 1-minute per second of the Photons duration, i.e. a 10-second duration would result in a 10-minute dampen time. Also referred to as: UTG.

Time Based Game
In Time Based games the strategy is to perform all required tasks as quickly as possible, these types of games are Unlimited Turns during the daily allowable time. When playing in Unlimited Turn Games the Turns Used Prompts are not Displayed. The use of Photons in Unlimited Turn Games will dampen a Photoned player for 1-minute per second of the Photons duration, i.e. a 10-second duration would result in a 10-minute dampen time. Also referred to as: TBG.

Global Setting’s
This refers to any configurable setting on a TWGS that will effect every active game on that specific server, these settings include: Ack Interval, Daily Log Limit, Data Segment Size, Days to Pass Before Player Deletion, Desqview Pacing, EtherProbe Movement Delay, Max Command per Poll Interval, Player Inactivity Time, Poll Interval, and Ship Movement Delay. These settings are not displayed in the games configuration settings.

Interactive Sub-Prompts
Interactive Sub-Prompts are enabled/disabled by the SysOp or GameOp, this status of this setting is not displayed in the game settings information, although is important to note for scripting purposes. The function of this setting is to include additional Prompts within the game that alerts players of various actions and activities, such as during attacks. Also referred to as: ISP.

Tue May 02, 2006 11:56 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Just wanted to give a little thank you to everybody that has been assisting on this project. I just finished putting everything into an updated file and thought it was pretty kewl, as it has gone from about 12-pages initially to 20-pages, currently. Bdanzer, Crosby, EP, FC, Graz, Kilroy, Prom, River Rat, Singularity, and Traitor; thank you for all your help on this mostly mundane portion of the project! [^]

If anybody can think of anything else to include or modify, please let me know, as it will be a complete pain to go back through the doc and shift everything around to include any new terms later on.

Mon May 08, 2006 4:37 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Also, I have about a dozen new terms I have to update in the Forums still, I have already included them in my doc, and should have them updated in the Forums in a little while.

Mon May 08, 2006 4:41 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
I just have a few new terms to add and maybe a new definition....first one is 'BOT', next is 'SHELL'and last is 'TWX'. The definition of 'SHELL' is going be tricky since many players consider 'TWX' as helper, script and shell.

Tue May 09, 2006 6:55 am
Profile ICQ
Captain

Unread post 
Alright, FC will check into those. That reminds me I needed to find out if time is reset during Extern on timed games.

Tue May 09, 2006 7:05 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
I included the names of all the tournaments and just listed them all as an annual tournament, for HHT I stated it was held in October. I was wondering are the others held during a certain time of the year and is there a specific purpose, theme, or goal in them that should be included in their definitions. If so it would be kewl to get info on them all to include them that as well. Everybody that could assist with that, thank ya!

Tue May 09, 2006 9:19 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
BOTE was a tournie played before TWGS evolved into it's present form and it was designed to bring the best players from local BBS servers into competion whether they were rivals or corpies on the local server. It was the Battle Of The Elite and last one that really counted was BOTE 2001. After that players corped all over the place and the local BBS server didn't seem to matter anymore although a few players could still gather representing their server from that time if the SYSOP (rather than GAMEOP) gave permission to lend his/her name to that game.

SELF PODDING refers to lowering exp to keep FedSafe and is a bit tricky but it works quite well...esp in games with no death limits.

RED players wanting to go BLUE can always give creds, figs, etc to a corpie and then keep nagging the mafia in the underground with the wrong password until they just kill you. Best done with turns used and in cheapest ship you can buy.

Thu May 11, 2006 7:12 am
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
Thank you Rexx for taking over the project of building the manual that Rave/Lisa started when she was involved as a member of the Eisonline Beta team and left our community due to a tragic road accident.

Thu May 11, 2006 7:19 am
Profile ICQ
Captain

Unread post 
Is my pleasure to work on it... well sort of, heh! The glossary portion is up to 22-pages now!!! yeaaa, jump for joy...or not. j/k

Regarding Rave, I was wondering if anybody else thought it would be a good idea to put her RIP info into her signature, (if the Admin could do that or something similar?) I think it would be nice to do something like that for her, but maybe I am wrong?

Thu May 11, 2006 9:05 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next