View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Glossary of Terminologies 
Captain

Unread post 
This is the first draft to the Glossary portion and was wanting to get feedback on other terms and such to be included, as well as error corrections and such. I figure it is best to do it before everything is placed into nice columns and rows.

This section contains terms commonly used within the game TradeWars 2002, the main focus of this section is to give an accurate definition of the actual term without going into detail as to the specific tactics used or the advantages and/or disadvantages of the described tactic, (learning these aspects are apart of the gaming experience, personal preference, and as always guidance and assistance is available as needed at many websites dedicated to overseeing the future of TradeWars 2002.) Ok, I have broken it down into about seven section and will post one each day, also I placed the word on the top of the description for easier reading. Again thak you all for your assistance.

* Also, if anybody can confirm the actual order of events during Extern and Midnight, unless they are already in-order? I think it would be best to place them in the correct order.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:31 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op

Unread post 
What a long post. It also looks vaguely familiar...

Link:
http://tw-cabal.com/glossary.html

Hmmm.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:35 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Yes, that is correct I started with the Glossary from Traitor's site and modified it from there, as I have previously mentioned. Although, I am actually looking for assistance in correcting this rough draft, not for obtuse observations. [;)]

Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:00 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op

Unread post 
Actually you didn't mention Traitor's glossary until just now. It's pretty dang
accurate. What do you need to correct?

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:35 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
I had mentioned it in a prior post that related to this project. I am not correcting his work (other then spelling, [8)]) I am simply cleaning it up, revising it, and adding have added copious new terms to it, most of which I am quite sure need some tweeking, as I am nost sure how accurate my definitions/descriptions actually are. [:)]

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:11 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Add this one:

Kildufus:UpGrading port for no apparent reason.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:37 am
Profile ICQ
Captain

Unread post 
Done!

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:20 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Singularity

What a long post. It also looks vaguely familiar...

Link:
http://tw-cabal.com/glossary.html

Hmmm.

yup...yup! Looks VERY familiar and sounds like he had probs communicating with corpies in a game somewhere! CABAL ROCKS! [:)]

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:19 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

Unread post 
2 points:
1. Anytime you post another's content, overcredit them. (E.g. Nearly all of this wonderful content comes from TW-Cabal...)
2. Nobody is gonna have a serious look at a post that long. If you want it to be effective, then post 10 glossary terms and wait for feedback. Then after a couple of days, post 10 more in a new thread. Maybe title the threads 'Glossary terms A-C' or something. I assure you that everyone used their mouse's scroll wheel to hop through the first 200-300 lines of your post, then promptly grabbed the scroll bar on the right to zip past the rest without reading any of it. Not because we don't care, but because it was tooooo long.

Constructive criticism?

+EP+

Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
Rexx and I have been talking. It's all good. But, yeah, it is kinda long.

Man, I gotta quit showing up here...next thing you know i'll get dragged back in.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant

Unread post 
Man that is way too long. I had to copy and paste it in a word document then have my reading program read it to me.
Still took forever.
Keeps going......

Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:10 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by ElderProphet

2 points:
1. Anytime you post another's content, overcredit them. (E.g. Nearly all of this wonderful content comes from TW-Cabal...)
2. Nobody is gonna have a serious look at a post that long. If you want it to be effective, then post 10 glossary terms and wait for feedback. Then after a couple of days, post 10 more in a new thread. Maybe title the threads 'Glossary terms A-C' or something. I assure you that everyone used their mouse's scroll wheel to hop through the first 200-300 lines of your post, then promptly grabbed the scroll bar on the right to zip past the rest without reading any of it. Not because we don't care, but because it was tooooo long.

Total agreement EP! Breaking it into smaller portions would be good and spread then out a week apart and maybe post them in the School Forum and get that area working again?

Constructive criticism?

+EP+

Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:56 am
Profile ICQ
Captain

Unread post 
I agree on the smaller portions, but I disagree on doing one each week, that will take too long. I don'at think it that difficult of a task to review the text, it is really just basic knowledge and simply a matter of reading through it and adding revisions and/or claraifications to my errors.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:30 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant

Unread post 
lol....

Well, when the text doesn't change so our fingers or scripts can react, we all get bored trying to scroll around someone else's text when we could be playing a game that does it for us! (lol... pun)

anyway...

Put your 'glossary' up on a page, ask people to look over it.

Should help

The source for all your computer needs!

--==[The Outfit]==--

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:23 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Are these accurate descriptions for some of the ship related settings? Thought it would be good to include them as well.

Atomic Detonators
These are used by ships to destroy Planets, they can only be armed after landing on a Planet. Extreme caution should be used when placing these devises on Colonized Planets, as the Colonists may detonate these devices in the process of disarming them; if this occurs prior to the fleeing player clearing that Planet’s atmosphere, the player will become Podded or SD'ed. Any other players on the Planet at the time will also be either Podded or SD’ed.

Fusion Drive (I thought this had something to do with resell value, but am not to sure?)
These increase the resell value of a vessel by reducing overall burn-in and hull stresses as comparable to open space travel.

Combat Scanner
Ship's equipped with a Combat Scanner are capable of detecting Limpet hull attachments and current shielding levels of opposing vessels.

Tue May 02, 2006 2:42 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next