www.ClassicTW.com
https://www.classictw.com/

HHT 2019
https://www.classictw.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=35554
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Sultan Bey [ Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:31 pm ]
Post subject:  HHT 2019

Early release of the HHT edit this year.

I would like to say that it is an honor to host the tournament created by the legendary Space Ghost. Thank you Micro for allowing me this opportunity.

I have taken the oldest edit I have been provided and put provided my own touch. I kept quite a few of the settings, but also changed a few things.

10,000 sectors
2,666 turns
MBBS
Hidden Star Dock
Maximum 4 deaths/pods before elimination from tourny.
3 days to join
5 planets per sector
6 players per corp

I have attached the TWA to this post. It is doubtful that I will change much, but I will always listen to suggestions.

I have opened a test game on my server (address below): Game T.

The best way to contact me is via ICQ if you have any questions.

Good luck....you will need it.

Attachments:
HHT 2019.TWA [182.55 KiB]
Downloaded 56 times

Author:  Hammer_2 [ Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Well.. I guess we should just be happy there even is a Star Dock :)

Author:  Shadow [ Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Hammer_2 wrote:
Well.. I guess we should just be happy there even is a Star Dock :)


If history is any guide, there might not be for long :)

Author:  Sultan Bey [ Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Rules:

No duping
No whining

Points:

100 - Most grid
50 - pod/kill (please let me know if you get one in case I miss it.
25 - per death/pod left at conclusion of tournament (30 days)

That’s all. Nice and simple.

When should the tournament commence? I was thinking 8pm EST on 25th October.

Author:  Hammer_2 [ Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Sultan Bey wrote:
Rules:

No whining


Have you even been in a HHT? :) it's all we do is whine about the settings.. it's part of it's charm.

Author:  Micro [ Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Ok, I am going to officially DEMAND that stardock NOT be hidden. It is NOT in the spirit of HHT, and the game would last less than 15 minutes!!!

Author:  Sultan Bey [ Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Everybody thinks that by hiding Dock that I have doomed this tournament to a speedy conclusion. I disagree. Finding Dock the quickest will not be the key to winning this game. Take that for what you will.

Author:  Sultan Bey [ Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Micro wrote:
Ok, I am going to officially DEMAND that stardock NOT be hidden. It is NOT in the spirit of HHT, and the game would last less than 15 minutes!!!


What do you mean not in the spirit of HHT? This edit was the original Space Ghost edit from
2008. I changed some of the settings, however, hidden stardock was one that I left in tact. I guarantee that this game will not be over in 15 minutes.

Author:  Micro [ Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

OK, you are DONE. I will host the tournament MYSELF!

Author:  Star Killer [ Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Well I Don't understand what the big rush was all about here... the Game is 4 months away...

sk

Author:  Star Killer [ Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Sultan Bey wrote:
Micro wrote:
Ok, I am going to officially DEMAND that stardock NOT be hidden. It is NOT in the spirit of HHT, and the game would last less than 15 minutes!!!


What do you mean not in the spirit of HHT? This edit was the original Space Ghost edit from
2008. I changed some of the settings, however, hidden stardock was one that I left in tact. I guarantee that this game will not be over in 15 minutes.



With all due respect. Every game I have ever played with the SD Hidden tourney or not, is over very quickly as soon as the dock is found it is locked down by that corp and the game is over. End of story.

sk

Author:  Sultan Bey [ Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Micro wrote:
OK, you are DONE. I will host the tournament MYSELF!


I have never been so insulted in this game. I was approached by Micro and asked if I would host this tournament. I was provided 4 edits to choose from and told to edit them how I wished. One of the settings I didn't edit (the now infamous hidden dock) is not the contention of this tournament, and is not with the tradition of the tourny. Now that I'm not hosting a tournament that Micro for some reason feels he has ownership of, I will tell everybody what my plan was to make this game last longer than the 15 minutes the last two tournys survived.

Sure, I was going to hide SD on the V screen. However, I was also going to put it adjacent to sector 1. I then provide everyone the same hint, and I was planning on providing one more at a later time. In sticking with the tradition of halloween, this was my trick or treat. The trick was the hidden stardock on the V screen, and the treat was the adjacent stardock. Unfortunately, everybody wants the tournament to be edited that best allows them to win. Although, some players were willing to find a way to win the way the edit was written. I applaud these players, and apologize for how pissed you were going to be at me when you spent all that time working on a way to find SD faster only to find out it was next to you.

It is a shame that this edit was so close to the original, but people felt it was going to be too hard.

Author:  Hammer_2 [ Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Personally, as you know, I'd be whinging about the 4 deaths!!

that's a setting from back when we had 15 corps playing tournaments. Kind of had to push things along.

If you have dock, let us all build a base, then it'll juts be 30 days of gridding and turtling up. It's pretty hard to invade with 4 pods.

I'll play whatever is decided :) This is just an opinion on why I think the settings are this way, less so on wanting to change them.

Author:  LoneStar [ Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Okay... so I don’t have to create a Data Base of 4.2 Billion, Big Bangs!?!? ...that sucks!!! What am I going to do with the Server Farm I just Rented??? Lol

Author:  Hammer_2 [ Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHT 2019

Sultan Bey wrote:
Micro wrote:
OK, you are DONE. I will host the tournament MYSELF!


I have never been so insulted in this game. I was approached by Micro and asked if I would host this tournament. I was provided 4 edits to choose from and told to edit them how I wished. One of the settings I didn't edit (the now infamous hidden dock) is not the contention of this tournament, and is not with the tradition of the tourny. Now that I'm not hosting a tournament that Micro for some reason feels he has ownership of, I will tell everybody what my plan was to make this game last longer than the 15 minutes the last two tournys survived.

Sure, I was going to hide SD on the V screen. However, I was also going to put it adjacent to sector 1. I then provide everyone the same hint, and I was planning on providing one more at a later time. In sticking with the tradition of halloween, this was my trick or treat. The trick was the hidden stardock on the V screen, and the treat was the adjacent stardock. Unfortunately, everybody wants the tournament to be edited that best allows them to win. Although, some players were willing to find a way to win the way the edit was written. I applaud these players, and apologize for how pissed you were going to be at me when you spent all that time working on a way to find SD faster only to find out it was next to you.

It is a shame that this edit was so close to the original, but people felt it was going to be too hard.


haha, that is a pretty good trick or treat. Sorry it was ruined!!

And yep, I'd already contrived some ways of speeding up finding dock lol

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/