View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Update Bug 
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Update Bug
Ok, I'll switch it out and see if that helps.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I put v2.19 on ice9. Please report if you see ANYTHING out of the ordinary. And let me know if the locked file crash continues. If it does, I may need to put some additional debug info into the game to see where this locked file is coming from.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

I have tested "V" and the "*", plus holo scanning from an adjacent sector with aliens in them...so far so good. I will report back if I see anything else. Thanks.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:50 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

I'm not sure if this is intended....but the new version on Ice 9 has stopped all the ss info from mombot....it just prints several blank lines...corpies tried status and ping.... didnt display on ss even tho it says it is transmiting...

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:27 pm
Veteran Op

Good catch on the SS, I just tested and it is the same in Game W.

OK after more testing SbuSpace works, but not the multi-line SS messages like ping and status aren't.

Oh and the V is kicking us again.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:50 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Site Admin

Yeah, I'm working with Vid now on his server because we saw the V screen bug right after putting it on Ice9. So I put a special debug version on his server and we'll get more info on what's causing this lock. We did find that the crash is caused by one of the sessions having a lock on a file, so if everyone exits the game and goes back in, it should clear for a bit. That's the only fix for now.

I'll look at this SS thing.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Sorry yes thats right can still talk on SS... doesnt affect the script... and its not limited to Mombot... pro ping doesnt work either

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:19 pm
Site Admin

I hate vnc. I found and fixed the SS bug, but I can't get VNC to stay connected long enough to get it in...

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I can't get vnc to let me in, so I emailed the fixed update to V'ger. Hopefully he can get it in soon. I'll be back to check in later.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

I havent tested ss yet.... but private isnt working... no message comes thhrew at all

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:59 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Sorry doing more testing.... Corp Message doesnt work ...Can't see it
Private Mail doesnt work .... Can't see it.... Swath Private Message doesn t work.... Can't see it.... Fed Com works.... Vger took site down... not sure if he put new version up... but ss mult line stuff doesnt work ...either

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:12 pm
Veteran Op

I talked with V'Ger and the install he had would not install correctly. So he was going to try and get another copy.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:12 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Site Admin

Those are all the same bug. Anything that uses auto-wrapping.

Sorry, we had a miscommunication. I sent tw2002.exe but he thought it was an install file. I'll go ahead and drop it in. VNC seems to be working atm.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Ok, I got the fix in. So comms should be working again. Also, the lock bug is still there, but I'll get more debug info when it happens so I can isolate it and get it fixed. And of course if you see anything else strange, let me know. Vid said he saw another bug, but I lost my IM history and he's catching some Zs, so I'll have to get to that later.

I'll keep an eye on it for awhile more tonight.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

I tested Corp Messages and SS Multiple lines and seems to be working fine. I will let you know if I see the "V" or "*" lock ups again.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:00 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next