View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Another (prompt) move 
Veteran Op

Unread post Another (prompt) move
this may have already been reported. I havent checked.

semi similar to the jump off planet thing

If there is a lot of activity in the sector (for example someone gridding or moving product from one planet to another or a buydown), your current prompt seems to get kicked to the Command prompt.

In the snippet below there was a corpie gridding and I was adding more figs to sector (manually). If there is any amount of pause between hitting 'F' and (fig number) 'enter' 'C or D or T' .... I will get kicked from that prompt.

If I use a macro.. it seems to be fine.

Seems that the the in&out from the sector of the corpie gridding affects me & prompts.

====================================================

Command [TL=00:00:00]:[549] (?=Help)? : F
<Drop/Take Fighters>

You have 1,262,981 fighters available.
Your ship can support up to 280,000 Fighters, leaving 982,981
How many fighters do you want defending this sector? 1000000

Command [TL=00:00:00]:[549] (?=Help)? : P

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:50 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Another (prompt) move
Ok, thanks. I'll check into this.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

I've seen the same type of thing when a corpie was colonizing a planet every time I tried to transport into a different ship I would get kicked back to the command prompt before I could enter the ship number. It appeared to be caused by the messages.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:53 pm
Site Admin

The only reason a player should get dropped from a prompt is if the player changes sectors. It seems that something else is triggering that, so I'll clean that up.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:14 am
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

both dealing with When we get messages.

We jump off the planet when we get the "planet has changed sector blah" message.

And we jump to Command Prompt when we get an overload of messages.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:29 am
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Ok, I found the culprit, and it is the same bug causing both kinds of drops. It's a new bug unrelated to the one I fixed in an earlier version that caused players to drop from the planet. This is a more general bug that causes a player to drop from any prompt when any player leaves a sector. So this is a major issue that's been around since v3.22 (September 4).

I'll get an update out with this and some other major bug fixes sometime this weekend.

Again, thanks for reporting! Without my beta server (which is still down but I'm working with Master Blaster to get something going), I'm depending on live games for all bug reports now.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Ohhhhh... I betcha this explains all the reports of people finding themselves in another sector after running a ZTM script! This just now happened to me again. Cruncher had been warping in and out of SD, and I was sitting at SD and started up ZTM. It seemed to be hung, so I canceled it and found myself 2 warps from SD, at the prompt to attack or retreat from sector fighters.

Edit: I can see this being exploited. Yikes.

Last edited by Mongoose on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

It also affects Fedcom. I'd hit ` and start typing, and she'd warp out and I'd find myself typing on the command prompt.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Yeah, it's a nasty bugger. It boggles my mind that it took this long to really isolate that. It was introduced on like September 4. I'm surprised it wasn't caught on the beta server before wide beta. Unfortunate.

There are two major bugs (one TWGS hang bug plus this bug) plus some minor ones in the release I'm about to put up, so that's good news. Also some nice new functionality (Gold active alien editor).

I'm so busy with another project, we're going to be able to ride this version quite awhile before I add any major new changes (truce mode), so hopefully that'll give us plenty of time to uncover any remaining bugs and get this version back to the point where it's not "unplayable crap".

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Maybe someone would have figured it out sooner if more people were at their keyboards while they play... :lol:

I keed, I keed. (Kind of.)

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

Mongoose wrote:
Ohhhhh... I betcha this explains all the reports of people finding themselves in another sector after running a ZTM script! This just now happened to me again. Cruncher had been warping in and out of SD, and I was sitting at SD and started up ZTM. It seemed to be hung, so I canceled it and found myself 2 warps from SD, at the prompt to attack or retreat from sector fighters.

Edit: I can see this being exploited. Yikes.

did you lose Cargo holds? i did when my ZTM froze

Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]