View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Alien IG 
Veteran Op

Unread post Alien IG
In some of the games I create extra planets for the aliens so it makes it more difficult for players to cap that sector, but I notice once it becomes an Alien planet you can no longer edit the <Z> Edit Planet Flags to turn on the IG. So to try a work around I placed an empty L6 planet in sector with no ore or figs with IG turned on, the alien come and go as they please until they claim the planet. I then make the changes to Product, Colies and planet settings and the IG then holds them fast so they can't but move even though it is their planet. The other odd part it does not use any Ore from the planet.

I would consider this is a bug of sorts? Anyone else ever run into this problem?

I see there was a call for bugs 2 years ago..... but I am guessing nothing has been fixed since I have not seen an update in a really long time.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:07 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: Alien IG
I did see the same thing a few months ago as a player - I can't remember what server it was on. But anyway there were 3 types of gold aliens in the game Alien Traders, Ferrengi, and a custom race. The Alien Traders and Ferrengi moved normally but for the custom race all the aliens were parked over their homeworld in big destroyers. When attempting to invade thier planet I discovered the the planet IG was on and I ended up #SD#'d because of it. After several attempts to invade each of which ended in a #SD# for me, I gave up trying to invade it.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:47 am
Commander

Creating NEW alien planets that they claim disables the homeworld protection and search by the aliens.
Only for the new planets tho. They will still protect the game made Homeworld.

After starting game invade planets with monster Sysop only ship and then set IG flag.

the aliens will retake the planets and the alien software will be normal after that with planet IG on.

Coconut Telegraph (ICQ)#586137616
Team Speak3@ 220.244.125.70:9987
Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Winner of Gridwars 2010 - Ka Pla
Jesus wounldn't Subspace Crawl

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:13 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Gameop

What is IG ? in long term...

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:02 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Yop_Solo wrote:
What is IG ? in long term...

Interdictor generater.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 pm
Commander

In the case ParrotHead is referring to , it is sometimes called "PIG" for planet interdictor generator.

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

Yea I have tried all instances and maybe it is just me but with an IG on in the sector the aliens won't leave. I will try again later but all attempts have failed.

Maybe JP could fix this and allow Sysops the ability to change the game up a little. He has a BLOG I wonder if anything about TW will be covered? Can we post suggestions? Yea yea I know I a grasping :lol:

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Last edited by T0yman on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:54 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

Scrat wrote:
I did see the same thing a few months ago as a player - I can't remember what server it was on. But anyway there were 3 types of gold aliens in the game Alien Traders, Ferrengi, and a custom race. The Alien Traders and Ferrengi moved normally but for the custom race all the aliens were parked over their homeworld in big destroyers. When attempting to invade thier planet I discovered the the planet IG was on and I ended up #SD#'d because of it. After several attempts to invade each of which ended in a #SD# for me, I gave up trying to invade it.

This is HOMESPACE behavior and it is normal.

The homespace flag make it harder to cap the planets but if the players find it TOO hard then either turn it off or Even better reduce the number of aliens to 1 or 2. Big crowds of aliens create to much grid spam.

5 alien races with a single alien per race and some unique ships can add fun to the game and change it up.

Setting up a UNIQUE ship is another way that I see seldom used. This flag with allow only a single instance of the ship in the game at one time. A non flyable ship would add a extra cashing option and a flyable one would get your player to work toward controlling the aliens early game.

Capture the Flag games are also another way to add some different game play.

mixing internal aliens and gold is not really a good idea.

the GRUDGE flag and Xenophobic flag also can be used to change the behavior to add to new game play.

the Grudge flag will make the alien attack you as soon as he sees you if you have messed with him before.

the Xenophobic flag make him run and hide from you which makes alien cashing more difficult.

Coconut Telegraph (ICQ)#586137616
Team Speak3@ 220.244.125.70:9987
Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Winner of Gridwars 2010 - Ka Pla
Jesus wounldn't Subspace Crawl

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:57 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Chief Warrant Officer

Parrothead wrote:
Scrat wrote:
This is HOMESPACE behavior and it is normal.

The Alien behavior may or may not have been normal but an active PIG on an alien planet is definatelty not normal. Meaning the sysop had to edit it. The combination of the massed aliens and the active PIG made it virtually impossable to cap the planet.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:33 pm
Veteran Op

Thanks to everyone for responding but you all missed the point 100% (again).

If the aliens own the planet it should not matter if the Planet IG flag is on or off, they should be able to come and go as they please. Since they can't I call it a bug.

With all the other chatter that takes place in the bug reports it is no wonder nothing ever gets fixed. If I was JP I would not want to wade through this either. Of course personally I don't think he does anyway.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:22 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

T0yman wrote:
Thanks to everyone for responding but you all missed the point 100% (again).

If the aliens own the planet it should not matter if the Planet IG flag is on or off, they should be able to come and go as they please. Since they can't I call it a bug.

With all the other chatter that takes place in the bug reports it is no wonder nothing ever gets fixed. If I was JP I would not want to wade through this either. Of course personally I don't think he does anyway.

Is a bug. It was probably overlooked during the setup of the Aliens. IIRC, it was sent to JP on a bug report call once before.

Cheers

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]