View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Ghost ship bug 
Veteran Op

Unread post Ghost ship bug
Sometimes when you're running a lot of xport based ops a ship can get kind of "lost" a bit. It still shows up in the "cz" shiplist, but if twarp to the sector the ship isn't there. Hard to replicate, maybe others will post more info.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:14 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Ghost ship bug
Singularity wrote:
Sometimes when you're running a lot of xport based ops a ship can get kind of "lost" a bit. It still shows up in the "cz" shiplist, but if twarp to the sector the ship isn't there. Hard to replicate, maybe others will post more info.

I recently lost a ship like this. Thought it might have been capped but it showed up for a while and then when I bought a new ship the "ghost" disappeared. You can't xport into a ghost or tow it. It shows up on a density scan as an unmanned ship. I believe it happened to me when I was in mid xport and the system dropped me - froze.

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:21 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Unread post 
This happened to one of the guys on my board a few months back, he got disconnected during a transport. If I recall, the occupied flag is set to "Y", but nobody is in the ship, that is why it doesn't show up, and why you cannot beam into it...

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:23 pm
Veteran Op

Unread post 
It doesn't even show up on a sector display... which is mighty weird.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:05 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

Unread post 
No, it kind of makes sense when you think about it.
It is flagged as occupied, so ships with the occupied flag set to ="Y" do not show up when the game looks for all unoccupied ships in the sector.
However, no trader is in it, so when it looks at all traders in a sector, it wouldn't show up on that search either...

Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:53 am
Site Admin

Unread post 
Can someone posts the typical sequence of events where this is happening? If someone has a script, that would help as well.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Unread post 
Usually occurs to me when running a Turbo-SST script.. which is a high speed script as I think Sing alluded too. I'm in a game atm with a Corp ship that's ethereal atm.

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:21 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Site Admin

Unread post 
Is this one of the scripts that requires two people working in sync?

Can I see the script?

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Unread post 
The Turbo SST script comes in the version of TWX-Proxy 2.04 Source release that contains all of the uncompiled XIDE/REMCO scripts. The script in question can be found the 'Extras' folder with several 'Includes' in a folder by the same name. I think you can find one here

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:37 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Ambassador

Unread post 
LoneStar wrote:
The Turbo SST script comes in the version of TWX-Proxy 2.04 Source release that contains all of the uncompiled XIDE/REMCO scripts. The script in question can be found the 'Extras' folder with several 'Includes' in a folder by the same name. I think you can find one here

This is not limited to tSST as a possible script issue as I don't use that particular script. I run a corpie's wSST that is somewhat faster and a lot safer. I have to give the corpie props because I have spent a lot of time trying to mod his script to speed it up and only recently was able to gain a marginal improvement.

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:10 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

Unread post 
Long story short, it bursts "sstsst" where it sells any product, upgrades if need be, steals the product back, and xports to a 2nd ship, then sells to the second port, upgrades if needed, steals it back, then xports back to the original.

All of that happens in a single macro burst, then the script waits for the results to come back and tracks any busts.

There are variations on the theme, but if you're running this script a lot and something funky happens (like getting disconnected) it can cause one of your SST ships to be "ghosted" and become unusable.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:56 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

Unread post 
You mentioned that a disconnect will cause this to happen. Does this bug always accompany a disconnect? Or can it happen without the game session terminating abnormally?

Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
I have only ever noticed it when a disconnection happened. I guess that doesn't rule out it happening at other times.

MD

Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:24 pm
Gameop

Unread post 
V'Ger wrote:
This happened to one of the guys on my board a few months back, he got disconnected during a transport. If I recall, the occupied flag is set to "Y", but nobody is in the ship, that is why it doesn't show up, and why you cannot beam into it...

When I change the flag, the ship reappears in the game. This has happened frequently on MTW

Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]