View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Credit carry limit 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Credit carry limit
Sometimes when I am removing credits from a citadel (and possibly at the Galactic Bank, too) it won't let me carry more than 999,999,999 credits. Sometimes it will let me carry the full 1,000,000,000.

It's only one credit of difference, though. So far it hasn't led to any tactical or logistical disadvantages.

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:13 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: Credit carry limit
Here's something I learned from a game I am currently playing in, that I re-tested in my personal (offline) TWGS.

I am playing blue and I was using the "post a bounty on a red" method to increase my alignment. There were two red players in the game, including my corpmate (we have a mixed corp.)

To begin with, if you use a macro to post bounties on reds to increase your blue alignment, it will always increase all red bounties equally. So if you have your corp-mate as red in the (P)ost bounties list, it will always "even out" the bounties on all red players. In practical terms, this means that if you use a macro to post a bounty on a particular red, the game will switch on you to ensure that all red players are posted bounties equally.

This sounds confusing, but if you post enormous amounts of money on one red player, it causes that player to exceed the bounty on the other players.
This causes a re-organization in the rankings so that your next (macro) post is on a different player.

The bottom line is that if you use a macro on posting Federation Bounties on reds, you'll end up giving an equal amount to all reds in the list.

Ok, so using macros increases all red bounties equally. So, what? I just want to destroy my enemy and collect the bounty on them! I *especially* want to collect their bounty because it's currently set at 1,247,297,923,283! This is over a THOUSAND TIMES what I can hold!

Here is the bad news: if you see a bounty (blue) or a hit contract (red) greater than ONE BILLION then you will not collect all of it! You will ONLY collect a maximum of one billion (the max you can carry) and the rest is lost! So empty your pockets before collecting your bounties!

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:35 pm
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Credit carry limit
The limit at the Galactic Bank is a configurable option, so the GameOp can configure to be 1,000,000,000 or 999,999,999. I think the default is 500K and the maximum configurable value is 1,000,000,000.

Postin bounties is used to get your first 500 of alignment, then you go to the Feds, and get your commish. This raises you alignment to 1000 and as a general rule, you never want your alignment to go above 2000. If your blues have too much alignment, your reds will loose all their experience at extern.

If you want more alignment than that, for whatever reason, have a reg player drop figs and attack them, or upgrade ports. We let a red upgrade ports, because we do not want the alignment or experience to go to the blue.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:18 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]