View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Black Sun TWGS game info 
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
Ok, I have sent a mass icq and a lot of you reading this received it with a link to this message. If you didn't get one, and would like to, shoot me an authorization request to 109299439. Icq can't handle a message this size, so I have to do it here. First, a message about the mission I have for Black Sun. A person can find high-unlimited turn games all over the place. I'm an old TW player and remember when stock games were all there was. Games lasted a long time. My goal is to provide a place where those kind of games are possible and old school players can play stock games and even some newer edit type games in a low turn enviroment. I also want to be a place new, incoming players can play and meet the best TW players and learn to play the game correctly. Perhaps a few of them will grow and become the next generation great players. Anyway, enough of that, now, onto the game info:

******Note, games open on Thursday, Dec 11 at 7 pm central. Extern is at 10 pm central. Subject to change, but I'll post it if it happens.*****

First, we have Lord of the Rings. This is my first edits I made and they seem to be pretty popular. These edits are the newest generation. Game is 700 turns, 5000 sectors. I have turned aliens off this time and have tinkered with some of the ships and planets. Game will be 4 per corp.

Next game is Blue Heaven. This will be the second generation of edits for this game. I have decreased the turns, made the universe smaller and changed some of the ship and planet edits. I have also made it tougher on reds. 1500 turns, 7500 sectors. 4 per corp.

Game three is Chronicles of Narnia. First time this one was run, it was an unlimited turn game. Now, I have scaled back ships and planets some, made it 900 turns and 5000 sectors. 4 per corp once again.

Game four is one of Res' edits. Game is called Wooden Ships and Iron Men. He asked me to run it and I'm only too glad to oblige. Game is 1250 turns and 8000 sectors. Ships and planets are editted. I'm not terribly familiar with the game, but I do know it will be well made as are most of his games. 4 per corp.

Last game this round will be a solo Stock game. No ship or planet edits. 500 turns and 5000 sectors. I intend this game to last a long time.

There is one active game, a Stock game with slight ship edits and the citadel times are cut in half. This one looks to last a while with about 6-8 active players so far. Not too late to get in with a good corp looking for long-term games. This one is 6 per corp.

One last note about Black Sun. I'll be glad to run games for players looking for a particular game or want to play their own edits. I don't intend to run many unlimited turn games. They slow down other players in low turn games and that isn't good [:D] For those who don't know me, I'm laid back and easy. If you have suggestions/criticisms, send em my way. May disagree, but I'll listen. Thanks for your time and maybe I'll see ya on the board sometime.

Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:25 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
Ok, 2 slight changes. I've had requests to up the per corp amount, so LOTR and Wooden ships will change from 4 per corp to 6. They others remain the same. Thanks.

Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:36 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
http://www.shipdestroyed.com/modules.ph ... load&cid=3

Go here to down load the edits.
some hidden settings.
Not many but tricky ships.

Res Judicata

Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
Yo Vader! Please post this information in the 'REBANGS' Forum? You have lots of neat games starting but nobody really reads the ads. Everyone looking for fresh games checks the other forum though. No slight intended...just a suggestion. Great effort you been putting into your edits and keep up the good work! Thanks.

Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:02 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]