View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 testing, multiple instances of TWXProxy and SWATH 
Ensign

Unread post testing, multiple instances of TWXProxy and SWATH
Hello all. I am testing scripts in my local server, public scripts and my own stuff I am writing. I have 'installed' multiple instances of TWX Proxy to different directories in C: because I want to test scripts in the different versions of TWX --- to see what differences, if any, there are when running the script(s) through the different TWX-Proxy versions.

I am trying to use SWATH as my Telnet Client, and it seems to be having trouble finding TWX-Proxy. Not trouble finding as in connecting to it, but trouble finding it as in loading up the different kinds of scripts --- you know how you can use the script menu on the SWATH toolbar to launch TWX-Proxy scripts. It isn't finding them. I suspect that it is hard coded to look for TWX-Proxy related things in the C:\TWXProxy directory, or there is a SWATH setting I have not been able to find where you can change where it looks for TWX-Proxy and it's scripts and such. Does anyone know if my suspicion is correct?

Also on SWATH, I have noticed some strange behavior, but I learned that it may be expected behavior. It has been so many years since I played the game, I can't remember for sure on some things. But I would have sworn that when you started up a SWATH-TWX hookup for multiple players in the same game (I do this for script testing in my local server) that it gave me different macros and triggers (the hammer and bell icons on the top SWATH toolbar) for each instance of SWATH & TWX for a different player. But i saw somewhere that this is not supposed to be the case for SWATH, that you will have the same Triggers and Macros in the helper for every different character/setup. Does anyone know which it is supposed to be for sure in SWATH in an instance like this? Thanks

Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]