View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Issues with TWXProxy 2.06 commands 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: Issues with TWXProxy 2.06 commands
I know that we are on 2.07 now, but I have had this problem for a few months. When I try to clear an avoid TWX Proxy says "Script compilation error: Cannot open file `C:\TWXProxy\2_WORLDTRADE.TS[G]'. The system cannot find the file specified."

Nobody tried to load the script, as I wrote, I was trying to clear an avoid.

The game then says "No" and I am at the computer menu again.

I use the SWATH menu to clear them, but someone's script just gave me over 10 avoids.

I sure wish I could clear all of them at once! :)

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:32 pm
Commander

Grey Gamer wrote:
I know that we are on 2.07 now, but I have had this problem for a few months. When I try to clear an avoid TWX Proxy says "Script compilation error: Cannot open file `C:\TWXProxy\2_WORLDTRADE.TS[G]'. The system cannot find the file specified."

Nobody tried to load the script, as I wrote, I was trying to clear an avoid.

The game then says "No" and I am at the computer menu again.

I use the SWATH menu to clear them, but someone's script just gave me over 10 avoids.

I sure wish I could clear all of them at once! :)

in game type
czv<enter>yytq

and check avoids,clear avoids & get time then drop you back to the (command or citadel) prompt where you started.

Vid

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

For any of the commands that I added in 2.04 or 2.05, you may need to refer to the script.html from 2.05.73, the last release I made. Here is the getDirList syntax note from that script.html file:

getDirList

Purpose: Populates a specified array with any directory names that match a specified Mask (like TWX*).

Syntax: getDirList varArray {FileMask}

varArray: The array to hold the results. Also, a variable whose value is the number of directories found.

{FileMask}: A pattern to match.

Notes: This command allows a script to inventory the TWX folder or a subfolder for directory names that match the Mask's search criteria, using wildcards as needed. Both an array and matching variable (to indicate the array size) are created or reused.

I limited the search to the TWX subfolder to mitigate the risk of nefarious uses.

+EP+

Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

So, I have been thinking about getting back into playing Tradewars, particularly scripting. I used to write some fairly decent scripts. For example, I was the builder in one of our games and I wrote this pretty handy script that did all kinds of pretty cool (I thought) 'bubble management' tasks:

1. It would progress through the bubble one sector at a time, going down 'the lanes' from door to each dead~end, to minimize fuel usage.
2. It could be set to move from sector to sector by twarp, pwarp, or bring a planet with (to put 'havested' 'assets' on once the planets got 'maxed~out') moving from sector to sector.
3. It moved colo's around the different categories to maximize productivity, harvested figs (choice to either transfer to a cargo transport planet as I called them, or putting them up into the sector), etc.
4. It used previously entered choices of port types to destroy current ports and build new ones in a sector if necessary
5. It traded off product on the planets on the port, haggling, and I believe I incorporated +EP+'s haggle script to get best price, worst price or whatever you chose, etc
6. In each sector it would look for however many planets were already in the sector from empty to full. If the sector needed new planets (and you had chosen build new planets if necessary when you started the script), it would calculate how many, and build new ones until the sector was full. It incorporated the method (in either standard or gold games methods) for getting a good planet or whatever type of planet you wanted using the methods I learned from Navhaz or somewhere else, using the minimal amount of gen torps.
7. yada yada yada, I could go on

I am not posting that to brag or impress anyone. Just to let you know that I do know a LITTLE bit about scripting. The old way apparently. I am NOT a computer programmer, totally self taught! Self taught the hard way, a lot of blood sweat tears and years, boy howdy!!! Boy howdy especially on the months/years thing! And I am comfortable enough about my manliness to admit that there might have been a few (hundred) tears, here and there at times while writing a script :mrgreen:

I downloaded 1_SST.ts and opened it in a text editor, and what I saw totally blew my mind. It looks like a lot of HTML code and CSS code and stuff like that in the script. When I downloaded it, I was at this page https://github.com/TW2002/twxp/wiki/Pack-1-and-Pack-2-Reference, and I right clicked on the text for 1_SST.ts https://github.com/TW2002/twxp/wiki/1_SST.ts and clicked OK or whatever to download.

So like I said, then I opened it up and it looked like a lot of HTML code & CSS code, and/or maybe code in some programming language. So, my question is this. Are the TWX Proxy scripts now written in some programming language, like Pascal or something, and I am going to have to learn a whole new programming language before I can write scripts again? Or, does it use the same basic TWXProxy coding syntax and and such that past versions used? Did I not get the actual script with it's TWXProxy code when I right clicked on 1_SST.ts in that list on that page, but some kind of HTML & CSS code document by mistake? Or am I correct and the scripting language has been totally changed and you either have to be a programmer now or teach yourself that new language before you can write a new script or modify an old one?

I appreciate any help and input anyone can give me on this, as it is discouraging to think of having to learn a whole new scripting/programming language just to get back into writing scripts. Thanks all

P.S. The code on the file I got when I right clicked 1_SST.ts seemed to have a lot of links to github or some 'outside' URLs, which I don't like. For one, I like to code locally in my own local server, when I am writing scripts. And second, no offense intended, but I don't like the idea of a script with a lot of 'outside links' in it.

Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:47 pm
Lieutenant Commander

Ok, so it looks like you're poking around in the wiki
that explains TWX and it's included scripts. The actual
scripts the .ts files can be opened with notepad or any
text editor. Helix has a great repository
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7xne0kdufnvcfpp/AAAkonAhApdhwnNihH_KztgWa?dl=0

Download and install TWX Proxy and the included script
pack gives great, usable examples.

I await a more in depth answer from the professionals.

Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:11 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Ensign

Yes, I think you are right Crosby, I think when I right clicked on the link I downloaded a file that even though it had a .ts extension on it, it was probably actually the page that had the HTML & CSS code and such to render the webpage. Not the actual script code. My bad :oops:

Edit to add P.S.
If I remember correctly the link for downloading the installer for TWXProxy also had links to scripts installers on that page too. If I remember the description right, the script installer installs a lot of free scripts, and the page includes links to mombot and zedbot download as well I believe.

Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2