View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Mombot Folder Structure - Why? 
Lance Corporal

Unread post Mombot Folder Structure - Why?
Hi, I'm doing some heavy editing and streamlining of my bot - I have wayyyy too many scripts in folders to even remember what all I can use.

I was just wondering, is there any functional reason for having 3 separate script folders in Mombot?
(not counting the includes folder and the Modules folder which is just an archive of course)

There's:

Commands
Daemons
Modes

Commands and Daemons both have the same subfolders with the script types broken down by categories. Daemons has no subfolders.

Would it be possible to just lump the subfolders split into categories into any 1 of these 3 folders and leave no scripts in the others? It would be a heck of a lot easier than having to check all 3 all the time when looking for a script or needing to drop a new one in.

Thanks in advance.

Have a great day : )

Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:03 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post Re: Mombot Folder Structure - Why?
I'm not sure Mind Dagger comes on here much these days but he's 100% the person to speak on this.

I think Mombot only let's you run one mode at a time. For instance a gridding script or LSD. The idea being it's a long term function and two would interfere with each other.

Commands are brief functions i.e. >twarp 11 >l 2 >b s etc. So safe to call as they have a brief lifetime.

Then daemons, are generally background passive functions which you can run many. Even TEAMsdt you can be a member of any team, or not at all.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]