View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Swath and windows 10? 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: Swath and windows 10?
I bought a 43" television and connected it to my computer for writing progress reports. The other day I thought that TradeWars would look hilarious on my huge modern screen.

I was mistaken.

The other thing was I wondered how challenging it would be to start out with 1 credit.

Not at all when you immediately trade in your ship.

Installed TWGS and SWATH and have been refamiliarizing myself. It is funny what I remember and what I don't. I started creating Earth-type planets under xxB ports near Earth, but remembered that Oceanic planets were the money makers--except the World Trade script makes me 50m a day before I get bored, put my money in my citadel, and log out.

I found and invaded Ferrengal the first day.

I feel like the citadel should have been at least level 2. Once I defeated the mines and sector fighters the planet, its fuel ore, and fighters were mine.

The only issue that I have had is that the server logs me out when I try to run the ether probe script.

Also, I reduced the warp delays as much as I could, but it still seems that I move slower on my own server on a modern computer than I ever remember.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:41 pm
Staff Sergeant

Unread post Re: Swath and windows 10?
Problem I ran into today wasn't Win10 issues, but that it wouldn't work with the latest version of Java 8 (on Win7 or Win10). I ended up installing an older version 1.8 151 and it was fine. Not sure exactly what versions work.

I was installing the JDK to try to work on improving a couple of old MD scripts. Went way better than I expected! If I have time I'll make a few more improvements and release.

Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2