View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Can multiple people in the same corporation get a flagship? 
Staff Sergeant

Unread post Can multiple people in the same corporation get a flagship?
I know if you have an ISS and go evil you can keep it, barring federal run ins. Is it possible to invite someone from another Corp who already has a flagship in so they can keep it as long as they don't leave, etc? Or any other work around?

Thanks!

Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

Unread post Re: Can multiple people in the same corporation get a flagsh
I don't know if there are any ways to make this happen. But i did test and found that if you are in a CFS and leave a team and attempt to join another corp, the game will not allow you to join.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:47 pm
Staff Sergeant

Thanks! Trying to get best bang for thd buck in a negative alignment Corp lol.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

tieberion wrote:
I know if you have an ISS and go evil you can keep it, barring federal run ins. Is it possible to invite someone from another Corp who already has a flagship in so they can keep it as long as they don't leave, etc? Or any other work around?

Thanks!

Anytime I've ever went evil while in an ISS you have a x amount of time before they warp in and destory you. Corporate flagships to my understanding are for the CEO's which mean's only the CEO can have or be in the ship. This of course would be off stock games. I'm sure you can edit the ship to make it available to anyone though.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:32 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Usually in this situation you cycle the leadership to use the flagship. You can leave a corp and keep the flagship but you can't re-join a corp while still in it.

However for many tasks that don't involve a team of evils you can still manipulate the game to take advantage of this. For instance if the best ship for doing buy downs is the FlagShip, then you cycle the leadership to take advantage. So good for solo evil work, or colonising, or anything requires one person to do something in the flag at a time. You can have a team of people on a planet in personal flagships and have the planet defenses turned off. That can be useful but also dangerous... :)

A couple of HHT's back we had to do this on a daily basis but it easy to do as it was a MEGAROB game and we had a mixed corp that wiped our experience to zero each extern. So we cycled who was the leader for buy downs by manipulating our experience i.e. cost very little to get to 5 exp, someone does buy downs, then next person went to 6 exp, became leader et. Once all turns used, Evil would do mega robs and get HUGE exp however we did this just be EXTERN.

1st: Understand how how corporate leadership is passed on. If the CEO quits the corp, the person with the most experience gets the leadership and therefore ability to xport into a flagship

2nd: People will need to leave the corp - so if you have a mixed corp then take note whether you corp alignment is positive or negative (view corps by rank). You can only join a corp if on the same alignment. So if Evil aligned, you need to be evil to join.

3rd: Take note when that person quits to give up leadership, you alignment changes AGAIN, so suddenly it might swing your corp from good to bad, and you can't join back :) DO THE MATHS.

So to get a player into a Flagship make sure they have the most experience. Get the leader to quit while in their flagship already. That person is now leader and the other person can join.

Works best where you can cash effectively solo - if you need it to do team SDT or similar, not going to work. However it might work out that being evil in a 255 hold CEO Flagship and doing solo SDT is better than team SDT in a 150 hold ship.. SO DO THE MATHS.

If there is no death limits you can also burn turns at midnight and CBY or get murdered to help re-adjust experience and/or alignment to manipulate the system.

Have fun.. it's great when it works.. but sucks when your stuck in your home base in a personal flag ship and can't join the corp or move due to your old corps cannon and figs having you on lock down :)

Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:57 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Comet wrote:
Anytime I've ever went evil while in an ISS you have a x amount of time before they warp in and destory you. Corporate flagships to my understanding are for the CEO's which mean's only the CEO can have or be in the ship. This of course would be off stock games. I'm sure you can edit the ship to make it available to anyone though.

Seconded. I believe the game will not allow a person to enter a corp while PILOTING a Corp Flag, but I see no reason why it would not allow a person who simply OWNS a Corp Flag.

Also, a person in an ISS keeps their Fed Commish and ship even if their corp goes evil.

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:29 pm
Commander

Lionmane wrote:
Comet wrote:

Seconded. I believe the game will not allow a person to enter a corp while PILOTING a Corp Flag, but I see no reason why it would not allow a person who simply OWNS a Corp Flag.

Also, a person in an ISS keeps their Fed Commish and ship even if their corp goes evil.

You can keep your corp flag if you left your corp and joined another you just couldn't xport out of it. then min you did you couldn't get xport back in. Im pretty sure im right about this.

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Star Killer wrote:
Lionmane wrote:
Comet wrote:

You can keep your corp flag if you left your corp and joined another you just couldn't xport out of it. then min you did you couldn't get xport back in. Im pretty sure im right about this.

sk

You 100% can not join another corp while in a corp flag in v2. I just tried :)

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:54 am
Ambassador

Hammer_2 wrote:

Can you create a new corp?

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:06 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Micro wrote:
Hammer_2 wrote:

Can you create a new corp?

Yep, because then you are the CEO

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]