View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:08 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Big Game 2010 3 Teams!! 
Boo! inc.

Unread post Re: Big Game 2010 3 Teams!!
Parrothead wrote:
LoCuTiS wrote:
better figure out who you're talking to before you start calling people new sweetheart. and it probably HAS to be 3 teams because everyone hates eachother so much now it would be hard to get more than 10 people on a team that can stand eachother :lol:

You didn't even show for the last game. Laff your just a troll.

lawls. good one! i guess that makes you a troll since you're not playing this one?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:26 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Ok guys the Classic Twgs Server telnet://twgs.classictw.com:23 is UP in preparation of Tommorows ReBang.....Please Come Pound on the server at your leisure. Anyone Who wants to play Tommorow should Show up Tommorow at Game Time. 8pm Eastern Game A

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:31 pm
Commander

SourDiesel wrote:

Yes 3 corps was a good idea. To bad some people have to act like children. " I'm gonna take my ball, and go home "

Oh is that what it's called when you have Quit 2 games now while playing with us after start becuse you had some issue?

Hard to say "I'm gonna take my ball, and go home" Think I'm saying "Not bringing the ball in the first place as it was not the game we were interested in playing"

But I'm glad it seems you have found another waggon to jump on, try not to fall off that one.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:31 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant

KB would you please reconsider? You know this will be a fun game and I'm sure you don't want to miss out. I am seriously sorry for any insults i threw your way in this thread... it was stupid on my part. Your corpies still want to play and this could be a great game. We have such a small community, why wouldn't you want three corps and let more people play and more newbs learn?? I was hoping this would recharge some interest and we could turn this into a series of low turn games with different settings and such.

SG what is the word on their corpies that want to play? can we put them on our two corps so we have even numbers? or if you don't want to take on new guys that haven't practiced with you can we take on SourDiesel, cause he really wants to play and we will be short a few guys compared to your corp.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:06 pm
Commander

Stockton wrote:
KB would you please reconsider? You know this will be a fun game and I'm sure you don't want to miss out. I am seriously sorry for any insults i threw your way in this thread... it was stupid on my part. Your corpies still want to play and this could be a great game. We have such a small community, why wouldn't you want three corps and let more people play and more newbs learn?? I was hoping this would recharge some interest and we could turn this into a series of low turn games with different settings and such.

There's a lot more to it then the smack Stockton, that will be there regardless.
The # of corps does not Determine the # of players you know that.

When SG and I first started talking about this I told him he could pull as may player as he wanted and we could match at one point I was giving him a # up to 20 just for our team but he decided he would rather draft. so fine. we put up our main 5 and he put up his and we draft from there. Since then a lot seems to have been altered , and we have begrudgingly gone along with it as I have expressed an increasing disagreement at each step and change that got made. So if your concern was about new people well other then sourD it doesn't seem like there are a lot of new players on our team.

We have played consecutively every tourney for over a year and won each one on different edits so a series doesn't really change any thing. You want to set up a Series of tourneys go for it and if it sound like something we are interested in maybe we will sign up provided it's not altered as time goes on. So do we want to play….yeah the game we originally agreed to play "2 Team Draft"
Do we want to play 3 Team? Think with all the behind the seens chatter you have figured out our team is pretty much all on the same page. Thing is I'm not the "CEO" of Kraaken as I have stated before we really don't have one. It's more of a team thing...I just tend to be the one post on behalf of the team for the most part.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:41 pm
Profile ICQ
Ensign

The quotes are from another thread, prolly better replying in here...

Kewlbreeze wrote:
Guess you missed the memo Helix. We would play as originally agreed on as a 2 Team game before SG manipulated it into a mess. Maybe you can get your little crystal ball to look into the past.

Space Ghost wrote:
Who would like to play against Team Kraaken? KewlBreeze has 10 people ready to play for Team Kraaken.. I'm Posting to see if there are 9 other people willing to give his team a challenge.

The Settings. 900 turns 1day turn bank (1800 max turn accumilation) 20k sectors ..Stock Ships.....
Stock Planets with 1/2 the normal citadel time advancement MBBS ..We will be playing this game at the Classic TW TWGS Server...Start DATE To Be Determined.......So if your intrested please post here.

Looks like there are a few more than 9 ppl that wanted to play against Kraaken. (Or maybe just play in a good game.)
So many in fact, there was 3 corps ready to play this game we love. 30 good players in 1 game doesnt happen very often anymore unfortunately.

I dont believe the only reason you guys wont play is cus there are now 3 teams.
Even if they emailed me personally, i wouldnt believe PH, Vid, Zep and Saar aren't up for this challenge. They are all well respected, talented players. Players that understand that the *ONLY* way to lose this game, and the respect that has taken years to build up, is to quit with such a feeble excuse.

I dont believe your megacorping excuse either. This community is not big enough to hide that for long. Everyone knows it wont happen because if it did it would be on the forum before the game ended. This is not a normal game on usual.twgs.com. Cant gain or lose cash without corpies noticing.

How about, just for this game, play under a different corp name?? (If your worried about tarnishing Kraakens name)
Dont worry about the creation of an extra corp in the "false start". Yeah, it made everyone chuckle, but we do know your NOT noobs. Prolly due to server issues anyway.

I know that if i was CEO of a successful permacorp and proud to play for that team. I'd be pleased to invite other less experienced players in. Who could go away having learnt something and maybe become better opponants or teach others to grow the game. I know Vid and PH are a goldmine of info and they like to share their knowledge.

Just my 2p worth

I'm a TW and #SD# ing you was my idea!

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.~ J.T.Kirk

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Kewlbreeze wrote:
There's a lot more to it then the smack Stockton, that will be there regardless.

When SG and I first started talking about this I told him he could pull as may player as he wanted and we could match at one point I was giving him a # up to 20 just for our team but he decided he would rather draft. so fine. we put up our main 5 and he put up his and we draft from there. Since then a lot seems to have been altered , and we have begrudgingly gone along with it as I have expressed an increasing disagreement at each step and change that got made

no disagreement was expressed to me at any point nor is there one posted in this thread.

Kewlbreeze wrote:
Thing is I'm not the "CEO" of Kraaken as I have stated before we really don't have one. It's more of a team thing...I just tend to be the one post on behalf of the team for the most part.

which is why i hold all 5 you responsible equally....have no fear....even if you 5 do show and play...i will never allow you 5 plyers to effect one of my games again..had this been handled prior to the 17th i might feel differently....but lets remember....had i voted with kewl to restart on the 19th like the 5 of you wanted..there would be no objecting and you 5 would be playing........no instead after you 5 didnt get your way over a game restart date...THATS when all of a sudden YOU 5 have a problem with 3 teams....You 5 members of KraaKen owe the rest of the players an apology.....as for me....i have a long memory...and i wont forget about what happened here..when planning my next game.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:08 pm
Commander

Space Ghost wrote:
Kewlbreeze wrote:

When SG and I first started talking about this I told him he could pull as may player as he wanted and we could match at one point I was giving him a # up to 20 just for our team but he decided he would rather draft. so fine. we put up our main 5 and he put up his and we draft from there. Since then a lot seems to have been altered , and we have begrudgingly gone along with it as I have expressed an increasing disagreement at each step and change that got made

no disagreement was expressed to me at any point nor is there one posted in this thread.

Might reread our ICQ convos. I believe it was mid February I said they were out but you wanted them in. That was before draft even.

Space Ghost wrote:
Kewlbreeze wrote:
Thing is I'm not the "CEO" of Kraaken as I have stated before we really don't have one. It's more of a team thing...I just tend to be the one post on behalf of the team for the most part.

which is why i hold all 5 you responsible equally....have no fear....even if you 5 do show and play...i will never allow you 5 plyers to effect one of my games again..had this been handled prior to the 17th i might feel differently....but lets remember....had i voted with kewl to restart on the 19th like the 5 of you wanted..there would be no objecting and you 5 would be playing........no instead after you 5 didnt get your way over a game restart date...THATS when all of a sudden YOU 5 have a problem with 3 teams....You 5 members of KraaKen owe the rest of the players an apology.....as for me....i have a long memory...and i wont forget about what happened here..when planning my next game.

Funny how you state it as your game when it was OUR game until you allowed TheUnit to Screw it up, Because they refused to play on either of our teams. It wasn't an all of a sudden thing it‘s been one thing after another. I keep telling ya it was building like your frustration with everything leading up to it. We just state we are no longer interested in playing under the NEW Design and are more then willing to play The game we originally agreed to.. So hopefully you don't forget and when we agree on a game design you actually stick with it.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:26 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

Kewlbreeze wrote:
Funny how you state it as your game when it was OUR game until you allowed TheUnit to Screw it up

Uhm. This isn't the same game you had setup previously. It may be the same edit (actually it isn't, but it is similar), but it's
still a distinctly different game. That game never happened, mostly because of the ICE turny. This is BG2010. BG, or "Big
Game" has been around since what, 2002? Maybe sooner. It's always been SG's game, and will always be SG's game.

When you guys agreed to play in BG, you agreed to play in SG's game. You agreed to play under his terms. If you had an
objection then you should have said "I object and will not play under a 3 team structure." This should have been said to
everyone. That way people would've known, with no ambiguity, and could've acted accordingly. Instead, you allowed the draft
to continue and led everyone to believe that you were planning to play. Now you've changed your mind at the 11th hour
(11:59), and you are leaving an entire group of people to clean up your mess.

No matter how you feel, leaving others to clean up your mess is wrong and childish. Whether you play or not, that's up to you.
However, you do owe your team, SG, and the other players, an apology for misleading them this last month. Why? Because
others have put in a great deal of effort based on your commitment. When you do finally look past yourself for a moment,
you will probably realize this. Until then, it's this sort of bad behavior that creates hard feelings amongst the community.
People often argue "this is just a game" ... however it's not, behind every player is a person that takes time out of their life
to play. You have wasted a lot of people's time.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:10 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

Ok, SG has allowed me to move to Stockton team. Thanks again SG. ;)

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:28 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Singularity wrote:
Kewlbreeze wrote:
Funny how you state it as your game when it was OUR game until you allowed TheUnit to Screw it up

Uhm. This isn't the same game you had setup previously. It may be the same edit (actually it isn't, but it is similar), but it's
still a distinctly different game. That game never happened, mostly because of the ICE turny. This is BG2010. BG, or "Big
Game" has been around since what, 2002? Maybe sooner. It's always been SG's game, and will always be SG's game.

When you guys agreed to play in BG, you agreed to play in SG's game. You agreed to play under his terms. If you had an
objection then you should have said "I object and will not play under a 3 team structure." This should have been said to
everyone. That way people would've known, with no ambiguity, and could've acted accordingly. Instead, you allowed the draft
to continue and led everyone to believe that you were planning to play. Now you've changed your mind at the 11th hour
(11:59), and you are leaving an entire group of people to clean up your mess.

Thanxs for the input sing, But in all the convos going in this was not any annual game and not presented to Kraaken as such. Kind of like the moo2 game last year was referred to as a “BIG GAME” or the pirates 7 man was referred to as a “BIG GAME”

Singularity wrote:
No matter how you feel, leaving others to clean up your mess is wrong and childish. Whether you play or not, that's up to you.
However, you do owe your team, SG, and the other players, an apology for misleading them this last month. Why? Because
others have put in a great deal of effort based on your commitment. When you do finally look past yourself for a moment,
you will probably realize this. Until then, it's this sort of bad behavior that creates hard feelings amongst the community.

Don't see how it creates a "mess", as everyone not on our team seems to have stated the game will go on with out us. So all their "effort" will not be in vain. (Well unless the plan was to mega corp.)
Only apology I might owe SG is for trying to be agreeable going in and threw out, and I don't think that will be an issues going forward enough’s enough. As far as misleading the other players the last month, well kinda hard to mislead them when we haven’t really been around to do so. The hard feeling were already there with a few of the people here and that is how this "mess" got created in the first place.

Singularity wrote:
People often argue "this is just a game" ... however it's not, behind every player is a person that takes time out of their life
to play. You have wasted a lot of people's time.

Again, based on what others are posting seems the game will still go on with out us. So in reality we haven't wasted anyone’s time, we just won't be there to experience their effort first had.(AGAIN unless the plan was a mega corp.)

So Trying to keep it simple, We are not interested in playing under the current format and good luck to everyone that plays, still hopping SG's team wins.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:42 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant J.G.

This is the type of stuff that is most assuredly going to attract new players to learn a new style of play. Hope the sarcasm is noted. :roll:

I don’t know many adults that would put up with this behavior. Sad thing is, I recently started playing turn games. Up until this thread, I was considering entering the next ‘noob training’ style draft tourney. If this is what happens, I believe I will rethink that decision. :shock:

Thanks for the heads up. I watch WWE for my soap opera drama. :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:51 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

Quote:
Thanxs for the input sing, But in all the convos going in this was not any annual game and
not presented to Kraaken as such. Kind of like the moo2 game last year was referred to as a “BIG GAME”
or the pirates 7 man was referred to as a “BIG GAME”

In this thread, back at January 30th, 2010, this was made evident. When you did your draft, you knew
it was for BG 2010. There's a difference between "a big game" and THE "Big Game" annual turny. You
know the difference because A) It's SG, and B) It has the year after it.

If you had any confusion on this matter, I'm sure SG would've clarified.

Quote:
Don't see how it creates a "mess", as everyone not on our team seems to have stated the game
will go on with out us. So all their "effort" will not be in vain. (Well unless the plan was to mega
corp.)

Three teams, more people, more grid early on. Different players have different behavior styles.
People do plan for this sort of stuff. Not to mention the impact on the draft and team selections.
Again, you know all this.

Quote:
Only apology I might owe SG is for trying to be agreeable going in and threw out, and I don't
think that will be an issues going forward enough’s enough.

While I'm sure the those remaining will adjust and continue, you do owe SG an apology. And you know
why. Do I really need to explain?

Quote:
The hard feeling were already there with a few of the people here and that is how this "mess"
got created in the first place.

At any point in time prior to this you could've said something. You didn't. Silence is consent.

Quote:
Again, based on what others are posting seems the game will still go on with out us. So in
reality we haven't wasted anyone’s time, we just won't be there to experience their effort first
had.(AGAIN unless the plan was a mega corp.)

Despite of your actions, yes. That doesn't mean you don't owe people an apology for the mess you've
made. And yes, you did waste people's time. When you're ready to stop being childish, you know what
to do.

As for megacorping, were you guys planning to megacorp? Is that why you keep bringing it up?

And farley is exactly right, most adults do not tolerate this kind of behavior. Unfortunately, it is
a problem in this game.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:07 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

Game opens in 1 hour(8:00pm eastern 3/22)
telnet://twgs.classictw.com:23 Anyone who WANTS to play should show up...We will get you placed on a team.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:01 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13