View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Max Production Regen Question 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Max Production Regen Question
I'm playing in a game where the Max Regen on the ports is set to 25% and the daily regen rate is 20%. To save on fuel and time I'm planet trading the ports down to 0% every 5 days instead of trading them down to 80% every day. So on the days I don't planet trade I warp to each of the ports and execute the following macro: pt******
(The six enters will get me past any buy/sell prompts.)

I was wondering, do I need to Port/Trade or will an aborted Port/Nego (pn*) also keep the ports regenerating?

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:43 am
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: Max Production Regen Question
The goal is to update the "last ported" timestamp. When tested, this happened whenever I hit P, then the second viable
choice.

So if you have a planet in the sector, pn* will work to update the timestamp, just as would ptz**z**z** or some macro
variant. However if there is no planet in the sector, then it will (sadly) accept the N, but kick you back to the command
prompt. With that, it won't update the sector. Likewise, whether planet nego or port trade, it still costs a turn.

That means for a planet nego to update the timestamp, there has to be a planet there first for it to work, and it still costs
you a turn. There isn't much benefit to a nego over a standard trade, then, but there is a condition you'd have to check
for first. IMO, that equates to more work.

Now for the macro... if the port is a class 7 or 8, you'd need 6 enters. Otherwise, you would only need a max of 4...

Code:
if ((PORT.CLASS[$this_sector] = 7) OR (PORT.CLASS[$this_sector] = 8))
    send " p t z**  z**  z**  "
else
    send " p t z**  z**  "
end

Would cut down on the text flood a bit, prolly make your script a little faster. Why you'd want to nego to a class 7, I've
got no idea. But it's there just in case.

Interestingly, it still updates the timestamp even if your holds are full. So you don't need to jettison before you port.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Thanks Sing, that helps a lot. I'm thinking now that I may just use a modified planet trade script with a planet that has good fuel production to tag all the ports with a pn*. That way I don't need to worry about fueling the planet or not having a planet in the sector and I'll save a bunch of turns moving from port to port..

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:39 pm
Veteran Op

Scrat wrote:
Thanks Sing, that helps a lot. I'm thinking now that I may just use a modified planet trade script with a planet that has good fuel production to tag all the ports with a pn*. That way I don't need to worry about fueling the planet or not having a planet in the sector and I'll save a bunch of turns moving from port to port..

Nod. If you have a planet w/ a lot of ore production then that is the way to go. It subtracts out sector entries, so it's safer (won't land on an enemy mine and
get torped, or drag limps around), could be merged with a regular planet trade script making it simpler to run, and cuts out ore, holds and twarp concerns.

However it'll certainly cost quite a bit of ore to run daily, so running it on a planet that needs ore buydowns means spending a lot more money and turns per
ptrade. For that, I'd prolly use a tpad and personal limpets. Tpad out to the sector, port, twarp back (tagging on corpie's personal limps), get ore, repeat. A
large chunk of that could be macro'd. That would be more ore efficient if you don't have a lot of colo production to tap into.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]