View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Making tournaments more "fair" 
Lieutenant

Unread post Making tournaments more "fair"
Since we've now moved into an era dominated by whiny, inadequate players who are stuck in 1995 and can't adapt to new tactics, it is critical that we adopt our thinking in games and tournaments to ensure complete equality and fairness.

I applaud SK's decision to remove planet products from ICE. That should keep that mean corp that won last year from doing what they did. I have a few more suggestions:

- Remove fotons from all future games (fotons are bad, and slow people down)
- Get rid of planets altogether (you can use them to 'bust up' way too fast)
- Eliminate probes (both Hammer and that Shadow guy have used them to find people who are hiding; bubble hugging is an important part of the game that must be maintained at all costs)
- All ships should be identical and cost the same, so no ship ever has an advantage
- All players should have the same number of fighters, and the same amount of cash; if someone's cash drops below the guaranteed amount, it should auto refill

Anyone have any ideas to add to the list?

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:13 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Unread post Re: Making tournaments more "fair"
I think it would be more fair if I didn’t play :mrgreen:

Attachments:
A75B7DA2-86CF-4125-8887-78002D5E9E59.gif
A75B7DA2-86CF-4125-8887-78002D5E9E59.gif [ 243.18 KiB | Viewed 9727 times ]

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:42 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant

LoneStar wrote:
I think it would be more fair if I didn’t play :mrgreen:

Lol - I am just glad you play with us.

We should start up a weekly death match tournament - that was fun earlier this week - especially since we aren't playing any real tourneys anytime soon.

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:15 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Shadow wrote:
Since we've now moved into an era dominated by whiny, inadequate players who are stuck in 1995 and can't adapt to new tactics, it is critical that we adopt our thinking in games and tournaments to ensure complete equality and fairness.

I applaud SK's decision to remove planet products from ICE. That should keep that mean corp that won last year from doing what they did. I have a few more suggestions:

- Eliminate probes (both Hammer and that Shadow guy have used them to find people who are hiding; bubble hugging is an important part of the game that must be maintained at all costs)
- All ships should be identical and cost the same, so no ship ever has an advantage
- All players should have the same number of fighters, and the same amount of cash; if someone's cash drops below the guaranteed amount, it should auto refill

Im just quoting this because I think hes going to regret the personal attack on me. and try to me remove it later. LOL. or maybe he wout.

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant

Star Killer wrote:
Shadow wrote:

Im just quoting this because I think hes going to regret the personal attack on me. and try to me remove it later. LOL. or maybe he wout.

sk

What part of that is a personal attack? Are we reading a different post?

If you mean the whiny, inadequate players, that wasn't referring to you; it was referring to the people who asked you for this change. All I said about you is that you made a change. If that's a personal attack, then that is a new definition of an attack to me.

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:57 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Shadow wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
Shadow wrote:

sk

What part of that is a personal attack? Are we reading a different post?

If you mean the whiny, inadequate players, that wasn't referring to you; it was referring to the people who asked you for this change. All I said about you is that you made a change. If that's a personal attack, then that is a new definition of an attack to me.

How many times over the years have you blown up at me the years and apologized later? Ive lost count, but its interesting to me the your attacks are always public and your apologizes private...

anyways... I'm done talking about this... as I said in the tourney post, If you don't want to play don't play. I think the tourney will be fine with-out you. and if it isn't.... so be it....

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant

Star Killer wrote:
How many times over the years have you blown up at me the years and apologized later? Ive lost count, but its interesting to me the your attacks are always public and your apologizes private...

anyways... I'm done talking about this... as I said in the tourney post, If you don't want to play don't play. I think the tourney will be fine with-out you. and if it isn't.... so be it....

sk

I'm still waiting for you to point out the personal attack in that post.

Because there isn't one.

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:40 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

Shadow wrote:
Star Killer wrote:

sk

Because there isn't one.

calling me a 'whiny, inadequate player' was not personal?..... okay....
sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Lieutenant

Star Killer wrote:
sk

LOL as I said above you might want to read that post again a few more times. It clearly wasn't referring to you.

It was referring to the people you talked to who demanded that we modify a long standing edit so that they wouldn't be so terrified of me that they couldn't even come to their keyboard for the tourney.

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:39 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

Shadow wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
sk

LOL as I said above you might want to read that post again a few more times. It clearly wasn't referring to you.

It was referring to the people you talked to who demanded that we modify a long standing edit so that they wouldn't be so terrified of me that they couldn't even come to their keyboard for the tourney.

Nobody demanded anything, A request was made. I discussed it with org. author of the edit, and I decided. Sorry my eyes are not so good. I really can't see the fine line you are drawing between me and them...

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Lieutenant

Star Killer wrote:
Nobody demanded anything, A request was made. I discussed it with org. author of the edit, and I decided. Sorry my eyes are not so good. I really can't see the fine line you are drawing between me and them...

sk

Nothing remotely fine about that. Super clear to anyone who reads it. You're reaching to try to make this about something it's not.

Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:02 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Shadow wrote:

I have an idea.

I would like for subspace hails to be modified to have an ignore feature. So when delusional, stuttering, total losers, not naming any names, resort to ss spamming players like myself I can simply ignore them on ss, without having to turn off ss hails completely to avoid their spam.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:39 am
Ambassador

Star Killer wrote:
Shadow wrote:
Star Killer wrote:

sk

Because there isn't one.

sk

add in the forums too

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Warrant Officer

I've been to the fair. It comes twice a year here, county and state fair.

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]