View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 alright. who is this? 
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
OK. Let's weigh this out.

1) Helix posts about a practice game on his server and provides the corp name, corp password, and subspace channel. (Why would Helix do that?)
2) I supposedly take this information, log into Helix's server (using my own IP which was supposedly banned even though Helix says I use proxies) and using Tweetys name (one of my corpies).
3) I supposedly take stuff and screw up an unimportant game.

Helix must think that I am stupid or that everyone else is stupid for believing such a fabricated lie.

This is a lie that can't be proven or disproven, so it's basically his word against mine. However, that's the way Helix wants it because you really can't prove that a lie is true.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:52 pm
Commander

bobad wrote:
IP Lookup Location For IP Address: 50.120.114.130
Continent: North America (NA)
Capital: Washington
State: Ohio
City: Byesville
Postal: 43723
Area: 740
ISP: Frontier Communications
Organization: Frontier Communications

\

BIG D!

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:22 pm
Veteran Op

Comet wrote:
bobad wrote:
IP Lookup Location For IP Address: 50.120.114.130
Continent: North America (NA)
Capital: Washington
State: Ohio
City: Byesville
Postal: 43723
Area: 740
ISP: Frontier Communications
Organization: Frontier Communications

\

BIG D!

Dude. I already said that is my IP address. But that IP address was never logged into Helix's server. This is a fabricated lie on Helix's part. The information that Helix sent Tweety was not true. Anyone can edit log files and send text.
If you'd like I can provide text that would show that you duped on my server, but that doesn't make it true.

Do you really think anyone would log in with thier own IP address if they were going to do something like this? Proxies are very easy to use and untraceable.
Think about it.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:51 pm
Ambassador

Wow.

I have had threads that I initiated locked over and over and over again for remarking that script kiddies were "killing baby seals" and ruining the game for newbies and returnees.

Now, I read this whining nonsense, and the Mod just lets it go on, and on and on.

Laff.

I actually do not have a problem with it - its within the compass of the forum rules - but it amuses me that the Moderators selectively enforce
their interpretation of the rules.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:14 pm
Veteran Op

I've been thinking about this. From what I understand someone supposedly log in using the name tweety, took assets from his corpies, and cby'd in a game on Helix's server. Now I ask, what would be the motive for this? What harm could someone have expected to do? Helix could easily delete the account and tedit the assets back. It's not like he doesn't know how to use tedit. He's proven that many times in the past in active games. So who has more motive? Someone doing something like that which would prove to be of no long term damage, OR Helix fabricating the whole thing to discredit my reputation? I would think it would be obvious to most what the truth is.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:38 pm
Veteran Op

Well Mob evidently believes Helix's lies because I'm receiving a 48 hour ban. I'll probably be leaving Tradewars at this point. Good luck to most, and to the others, well you know what you can do.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:51 pm
Commander

Kavanagh wrote:
Wow.

I have had threads that I initiated locked over and over and over again for remarking that script kiddies were "killing baby seals" and ruining the game for newbies and returnees.

Now, I read this whining nonsense, and the Mod just lets it go on, and on and on.

Laff.

I actually do not have a problem with it - its within the compass of the forum rules - but it amuses me that the Moderators selectively enforce

Probably because I make the rules, I can interpret them.
Pretty cool, eh?

Edited to add: Someone defending themselves against an attack of character is something even you would endorse Kav. Are you still sore that I locked the thread where you were accused of calling another mod "Hitler"? So far there haven't been any personal attacks, so what's the problem?

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

Why not just post the actual log file. While not 100% positive I think it may provide the insight y'all seek.

ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant J.G.

Kavanagh wrote:
Wow.

Laff.

Agreed, Kav. No doubt about that.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:41 pm
Ambassador

Kaus wrote:
Why not just post the actual log file. While not 100% positive I think it may provide the insight y'all seek.

Kaus, I did post the whole TWGS Log its zipped up. I copied it from the TWGS before zipping it up but the creation date should match the start dates and have the all of the suspect ip addresses in there. I have the log set to append.

Oso wrote:
Edited to add: Someone defending themselves against an attack of character is something even you would endorse Kav. Are you still sore that I locked the thread where you were accused of calling another mod "Hitler"? So far there haven't been any personal attacks, so what's the problem?

Actually I don't think anyone attacked Big D's character, though he did quite a bit of attacking himself.
Tweety asked who did this, D started screaming (metaphorically) not me!, not me!. And here we are, res ipsa loquitur. I will be happy to give a neutral party temporary access to my server machine and the twgs if it will help sort this out.

Also, someone is trying to hack my acct here:

Administrator wrote:
Hello Helix

You are receiving this notification because you have (or someone pretending to be you has) requested a new password be sent for your account on "www.ClassicTW.com". If you did not request this notification then please ignore it, if you keep receiving it please contact the board administrator.

To use the new password you need to activate it. To do this click the link
provided below.

ucp.php?mode=activate&u=4597&k=Nonono

If successful you will be able to login using the following password:

Password: XXXXXXX

You can of course change this password yourself via the profile page. If
you have any difficulties please contact the board administrator.

--
Thanks, The Management

I have received 22 of these in the last 6 hours. Can someone please check it IP logs?

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Last edited by Helix on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Helix... I sincerely hope you edited that link before you posted it. I reported it to the mods to save your butt, and then it occurred to me that I could use it and then give your account back to you. But it appears that someone has already used it.

Edit: OIC, there's a password involved. That's good.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:14 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Mongoose wrote:
Helix... I sincerely hope you edited that link before you posted it. I reported it to the mods to save your butt, and then it occurred to me that I could use it and then give your account back to you. But it appears that someone has already used it.

Edit: OIC, there's a password involved. That's good.

I changed my password after I received the first one. That link probably explains 22 admin messages from ClassicTW earlier. I have changed the link now. Thanks for pointing it out.

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:18 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Oso wrote:
Probably because I make the rules, I can interpret them.
Pretty cool, eh?

I defended Tweety, check my post on page 1 of this thread:

"Ignore them bro. I have known you since the late 90's as have many others here. None of us would believe that you had done anything like that for a moment. "Noli permittere illegitimi carborundum".

Kav."

As to the Hitler accusation, we had a PM exchange mid December about it when you agreed by implication that I had not done what a third party accused me of and offered to reopen a locked thread that I might defend myself. I thanked you and said to just let it rest. I'll not let it rest this time however. I still have the PM's (on a local HD, as of now) and can email you the exchange, you have my permission to post them publicly.

Suggest search for a post of mine that mentions "Hitler". There are none.

EDIT: Except in the context of this accusation.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:28 pm
Staff Sergeant

I see not much has changed over the years, still shady business in TW!

Almost makes me want to come back!

Miss you guys!

-SupG

Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:17 am
Lieutenant J.G.

Welcome back, SupG.

It is always shady where Big D is concerned :P

You are not missing anything new. Same ol, same ol.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next