View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A new and growing Tradewars forum 
Veteran Op

Unread post A new and growing Tradewars forum
Come join the Hyperspace Tradewars Forum

http://www.silverwingstwgs.com/
OR
http://hyperspace.forums1.net/

Last edited by Big D on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:06 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: A new and growing Tradewars forum
FYI, if another forum does become a popular and active place for the TW community to gather and interact, I think that's great. I just want to help the community have a place, I don't care if it's this place. I want this place to be available as a resource for tech support and information. All of the ego-clashing is just noise.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

John Pritchett wrote:
FYI, if another forum does become a popular and active place for the TW community to gather and interact, I think that's great. I just want to help the community have a place, I don't care if it's this place. I want this place to be available as a resource for tech support and information. All of the ego-clashing is just noise.

Why even have an open discussion forum then? If it's going to be strictly a support site, the other forums should do the job just fine.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:56 pm
Site Admin

Just in case someone wants to discuss something other than bugs, new features, etc.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

John Pritchett wrote:
Just in case someone wants to discuss something other than bugs, new features, etc.

Well you are welcome to join this new forum. It's growing very fast and several new and returning players are active there.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:54 am
Site Admin

Well, that's good to hear. I just hope they know they can come to me here or, better still, contact me directly with their comments, questions, etc. I probably won't be on this forum nearly this much before long, much less following other forums. That's just a reality.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

John Pritchett wrote:
, better still, contact me directly with their comments, questions, etc.

Really? How many PM's have I sent to you? and how many times have you responded? I can count it on no hands!

ZERO!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:48 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

3 PMs received from Farley. 2 responses sent. The 3rd PM hardly seemed to require a response, as it was a rant and not a question or request for support.

I've requested that Farley retract this lie or prove that there were PMs sent that I never received. If not, he will be banned from the forum.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

John Pritchett wrote:
3 PMs received from Farley. 2 responses sent. The 3rd PM hardly seemed to require a response, as it was a rant and not a question or request for support.

I've requested that Farley retract this lie or prove that there were PMs sent that I never received. If not, he will be banned from the forum.

Nope, therefor I will be the 1st one to be banned under the new regime!

Se ya all out in the games i guess!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:56 am
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Ok, because Farley insists on sticking to this lie, I will post our 3 PMs for all to see. I will also be personally banning Farley, so this is my decision entirely. Mob and other members of the staff have nothing to do with this decision.

Farley, I am sure being banned will suit your false narrative of how oppressive I am, but I think any reasonable person would agree that I should not be expected to tolerate a person coming into this forum to attack me with lies in an effort to convince my customers that I am unresponsive to them.

For anyone else following this, if you hear anything from Farley about me, just realize that he's willing to blatantly lie to damage my reputation, merely because I did not do his bidding and kick Helix off of the mod staff.

Ok, here are the PMs in question.

May 28, 2010

Quote:
I understand. I'd just rather the planet reach the point of cashing on its own, that way that process is being tested as well. Is that just not going to happen?

I will be at keys somewhere between 3 and 5-6 eastern tom afternoon, and maybe all night depending on the weather. If it doesnt stop raining (not supposed to till early sun morn) we will put off the camping trip 1 more day, if it gets nice early we will head out late tom evening.

Holler then,

Farley

July 20, 2011

Dude,

Time to take control of this crap, or flush the whole dam thing down the toilet.. really.. D loves this game and is a huge supporter.. Helix exploits what ever he can get his hands on, yet helix is a moderator and D is an Butt? Really now...

Get it together. Run this crap or had it off and walk away.

I'll include my reply to this post:

I had a moderator. He died. Thrawn was supposed to be running things. He went on active duty and didn't tell me. I'm looking for someone to moderate the forum.

In the case of Helix and BigD, I like BigD and I hate that he's walking away. But they both were equally involved in taunting and pushing. Now, whether or not Helix should be a moderator, I don't know. That was SG's decision and I'm not going to change that unless I see a pattern of behavior that requires it.

I don't know if you've been around here much, but to suggest that it's worse today than ever is just wrong. It's always been bad. This is the TW community. It's not going to change. We do the best we can.

And his response:

Never said its worse than it ever has been. But the fact of the matter is its Butt holes like Helix that run new players off. If I had ran into him as a noob before developing a love for the game, I never would have stayed long enough to develop that love. No one likes him...laff that cant be disputed.

To which I didn't respond. He made his feeling very clear. I didn't share his feelings. Now, to be clear, I didn't have an issue with him expressing that opinion. It was done in the right way, in PM. What I have an issue with is his decision to personally attacked me in the forums (equating me with a nazi) and trying to trash my reputation, merely because I didn't agree with him. It's sad, really. But some people are like that. People like Farley make me personally want to avoid this forum. It's no wonder people stay away from the forum. It's not the staff, people. If I take Farley's advice and "take control of this thing", I would ban several people from the forum and make it a better place for the rest of us. But it takes a lot to convince me that someone needs to be banned. And that's a more valid gripe than that I'm too oppressive. That I've let people like Farley run rampant in this forum for too long. But I want this forum to be the community's forum, and for good or bad, Farley is part of the community. I hate to have to step in and ban him, but I have no doubt that it's the right thing to do here.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

Hmmm...

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:45 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op

John Pritchett wrote:
Now, whether or not Helix should be a moderator, I don't know. That was SG's decision and I'm not going to change that unless I see a pattern of behavior that requires it.

Actually it was SG's decision to make Helix the moderator of Gameplay Q&A forum. That forum doesn't have much activity and not much controversy arises in that forum. SG knew that Helix could handle that forum without running into too much trouble. SG put Thrawn in charge of Open Discussion for a reason. It takes someone with the right attitude to be able to hande the problems associated with the Open Discussion forum. Helix was put in charge of Open Discussion well after SG was gone.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:57 pm
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
It takes someone with the right attitude to be able to hande the problems associated with the Open Discussion forum. Helix was put in charge of Open Discussion well after SG was gone.

Your vendetta against Helix is becoming a little tedious, man.

To attempt to wrench the thread back to the subject; your new
forum. I'm having trouble getting approved for membership. It it
that you don't want everyone to be a part of your new forum?

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:09 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Veteran Op

Crosby wrote:
Quote:
It takes someone with the right attitude to be able to hande the problems associated with the Open Discussion forum. Helix was put in charge of Open Discussion well after SG was gone.

Your vendetta against Helix is becoming a little tedious, man.

To attempt to wrench the thread back to the subject; your new
forum. I'm having trouble getting approved for membership. It it
that you don't want everyone to be a part of your new forum?

To reply to the 1st part of your post. Was I saying that Helix doesn't have the right personality to be the moderator of Open Discussion? Absolutely. However, neither do I or a lot of other people. It takes a special breed to deal with that type of environment. People like Thrawn, Runaway Proton, Oso, the reverend, etc.
As far as the 2nd part of your post, I'll have to talk to the admin and see if he will check it out. No one else has had any problems registering lately, so it much be an isolated problem. The process is 3 steps:

1) Sign up process
2) Wait on the email with the confirmation and follow the link
3) Log in and see if you can post

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:30 am
Site Admin

Big D wrote:
Actually it was SG's decision to make Helix the moderator of Gameplay Q&A forum. That forum doesn't have much activity and not much controversy arises in that forum. SG knew that Helix could handle that forum without running into too much trouble. SG put Thrawn in charge of Open Discussion for a reason. It takes someone with the right attitude to be able to hande the problems associated with the Open Discussion forum. Helix was put in charge of Open Discussion well after SG was gone.

Yeah, and this PM predated the decision to put Helix on the Open Discussion forum. If I have the timeline right, this spat between you and Helix took place after SG's death, but before I looked for a new site mod, during the time I thought Thrawn was still managing the forum. The PM was received before I started looking for a new site mod. Once Mob volunteered, he made the decision to put Helix on that forum. I supported SG's decisions and I support Mob's decisions. I believe Mob's doing a great job. Like I said in that PM, I'd have to see strong evidence of a trend of behavior before a I'd consider stepping in, and I suspect I wouldn't need to because Mob would handle it before then.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next