View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Red Settings 
1st Sergeant

Unread post Red Settings
I am trying to set up a game that favors Red players as much as is possible. What are some good settings to change to really help out a Red player?
I have been playing with the Rob & Steal Factors but can't seem to make much of a change with them??? Maybe I am missing something? I set them to a very high number 800% and a very low number 10% but either way I still get busted constantly trying to steal and rob????????
Any other settings that really help a Red player out too would be appreciated. Already set clear busts down to 1 day.
Thanks,
Z

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: Red Settings
You can change rob and steal ratios after you decide MBBS or Gold, but most people are used to the standard settings so that's a double edged sword. You're always going to bust, but with enough experience you make busting happen less often. There's a whole mathy thing for that, learn it. Also get a corpie and learn to clear busts. Learn how to get a furb too, cuz furbs rock. Learn what cashing methods to use for what edit settings so you don't waste time robbing early on, or running SSM in a 5tpw ship.

Making planets cheap makes busting up cheap. Starting with cash makes busting up cheap. Making ships with 1tpw makes scouting and SSM easy. Making said ships have big figs and holds makes it easy to fight and SSM. Making ships with big xport makes SST easy. Making planets produce nothing but crap makes being blue suck. Take away the big blue battleship and make being blue suck. Make lots of ports so that red stuff is easy. Obviously "steal from buy ports" should be on. Pre-aging ports helps reds a lot too. Making dock sell ore makes it easy to get ore before warps out from dock. Making planets pop w/ ore is a good way to make SDT easier. Putting dock next to fedspace and leaving lots of backdoors in makes it easy to get in without getting popped.

Lot of ways to make an edit red-heavy.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:44 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador

zircon wrote:
I am trying to set up a game that favors Red players as much as is possible. What are some good settings to change to really help out a Red player?
I have been playing with the Rob & Steal Factors but can't seem to make much of a change with them??? Maybe I am missing something? I set them to a very high number 800% and a very low number 10% but either way I still get busted constantly trying to steal and rob????????
Any other settings that really help a Red player out too would be appreciated. Already set clear busts down to 1 day.
Thanks,
Z

If you are busting more than 1:50 on the average steal to bust ratio, you may be trying to steal too much for your experience. Sometimes you will bust at 1:5 for example and sometimes you run for a lot more than the 1:50. A steal setting of 100% requires 30 experience points per hold, 70% requires 21 exp points per hold, 800% requires 240 points per hold (24,000 exp to steal 100 holds!!!!). I think the lowest steal setting I have seen is 40% in a game and the highest seems like 200 or so - maybe in the Blue Heaven edit.

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:21 pm
Profile ICQ
1st Sergeant

Thanks Everyone for the help.
If anyone else has any ideas for Red settings would be appreciated!

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:56 pm
Commander

I recall an edit that had a rob factor of 10 , making it easy to rob 1 mil creds in a gold game.
Needing about 35k exp.

Make most or all planets useless to col .. then its no longer a blue game for sure.

And if you do go with any ideas posted here , be sure to be nice enough to set ceo flagship
usable to all , this helps later in short term early game battling.

just my 2ยข

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]