View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Menu 
1st Sergeant

Unread post Menu
New to the TWGS program. Couple different issues
1) I am trying to set up a new server which I would like to put online in the next few weeks. One of the problems I am having is with the main login window.
Is there a way to change this from a DOS appearance to a graphical type window?
2) I am thinking the menu may be an ANSI type file but may be wrong there too??? I have an old copy of Acid Draw from the BBS days but cannot :?: figure out how to even get it to run under XP?

Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:09 pm
Commander

Unread post Re: Menu
zircon wrote:
1) I am trying to set up a new server which I would like to put online in the next few weeks. One of the problems I am having is with the main login window.
2) I am thinking the menu may be an ANSI type file but may be wrong there too??? I have an old copy of Acid Draw from the BBS days but cannot :?: figure out how to even get it to run under XP?

I'll try to answer your questions.

1. The menu is ANSI only, so if you are referring to a graphical type window where it would use a mouse, that is not possible.

2. The menu is ANSI. To change the menu name, click on Stop Server, then click Configure. In the Settings tab, you will find the file you specify for the login screen or the description screen. You can use TheDraw, PabloDraw,etc to create these screens. I never did use Acid Draw, but I know that PabloDraw and The Draw work in XP/Vista.

I have tutorials available for setting up and configuring a TWGS. You can find them here:

http://www.outpost-4.com/tradewars/inde ... Itemid=120

Hope that helped somewhat.

Cheers

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:51 am
Veteran Op

I always wondered if a guy could set up a website interface and when a user click on a link and logged into a game, it just bypassed the main screen of the twgs.

example of a link

telnet://193.24.133.011:23:A

The A being the letter of the game they want to play. Maybe an html script that actually bypass's the main screen and enters game A

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:20 am
Commander

Big D wrote:
I always wondered if a guy could set up a website interface and when a user click on a link and logged into a game, it just bypassed the main screen of the twgs.

example of a link

telnet://193.24.133.011:23:A

The A being the letter of the game they want to play. Maybe an html script that actually bypass's the main screen and enters game A

That would have been nice, but now you are dealing with the telnet app and the TWGS being able to process that. Don't think that will ever come to be.

--

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:35 am
1st Sergeant

OK..I found the file now which I kind of figured IS and ANSI file. The problem I am having is I cannot figure out how to edit the ANSI file under Windows XP. I have an old version of Acid Draw that I used to use in the BBS days but it just crashes everytime I try to run it??? Any ideas or suggestions of a good ANSI editing program that will work under Windows XP Pro?

Thrawn wrote:
zircon wrote:

I'll try to answer your questions.

1. The menu is ANSI only, so if you are referring to a graphical type window where it would use a mouse, that is not possible.

2. The menu is ANSI. To change the menu name, click on Stop Server, then click Configure. In the Settings tab, you will find the file you specify for the login screen or the description screen. You can use TheDraw, PabloDraw,etc to create these screens. I never did use Acid Draw, but I know that PabloDraw and The Draw work in XP/Vista.

I have tutorials available for setting up and configuring a TWGS. You can find them here:

http://www.outpost-4.com/tradewars/inde ... Itemid=120

Hope that helped somewhat.

Cheers

Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:45 am
Commander

Try PabloDraw.

http://pablo.etoxn.ca/

Cheers

--

Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:48 pm
1st Sergeant

Thanks everyone for the help! Worked GREAT!
:)

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:53 pm
Commander

zircon wrote:
Thanks everyone for the help! Worked GREAT!
:)

No problem. Glad to help.

--

Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]