www.ClassicTW.com
http://www.classictw.com/

Worst player in TW currently?
http://www.classictw.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=35401
Page 5 of 10

Author:  Comet [ Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Cruncher wrote:
Shadow wrote:

What you meant to say was "bring them in to game P so they can see a sysop violate the most fundamental ethical rule of tradewars by playing on their own server!"


If you can't trust your corp mates why bother? It's only unethical if I get into tedit.

I'm sure some sysops might, but I'm not one of them.



This is something that she does not do I guarantee you that.

Author:  Kavanagh [ Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Shadow wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
Then, there are some who want to learn, and I bring them into my game P and teach them a few things before they venture out into the wild wild world of bot wars!


What you meant to say was "bring them in to game P so they can see a sysop violate the most fundamental ethical rule of tradewars by playing on their own server!"


I started playing TW in 1988, diallup. The sysop played, and stated that he did. On and off early 90's; sometimes the sysops played, and said that they were playing. Restarted late 90's, telnet. Often, the sysops played openly.

I have known Cruncher for >20 years. She would not cheat, it would be beneath her (not to mention no fun - shoot fish in a barrel?)

Kavanagh

Author:  Briana [ Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

There has been several times we asked Cruncher questions about her Game P edit and when she couldn't remember the answer she said should could not go into T-Edit and look it up. She also stated that if she did, she would have to make that answer available to everyone.

Author:  Comet [ Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Briana wrote:
There has been several times we asked Cruncher questions about her Game P edit and when she couldn't remember the answer she said should could not go into T-Edit and look it up. She also stated that if she did, she would have to make that answer available to everyone.



^^^ This.... Girl go back to your sandbox and let the adults talk :roll:

Author:  Star Killer [ Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Cruncher wrote:
Shadow wrote:

What you meant to say was "bring them in to game P so they can see a sysop violate the most fundamental ethical rule of tradewars by playing on their own server!"


If you can't trust your corp mates why bother? It's only unethical if I get into tedit.

I'm sure some sysops might, but I'm not one of them.


Why I never play on my own server in a game that is open to the public. To avoid even the appearance of impropriety. I also will never play on server where I know the sysop plays on their own server. I have a list of those server where the sysop's have either been caught playing or have either admitted to me personally that they play.

sk

Author:  Cruncher [ Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Star Killer wrote:
Cruncher wrote:

If you can't trust your corp mates why bother? It's only unethical if I get into tedit.

I'm sure some sysops might, but I'm not one of them.


Why I never play on my own server in a game that is open to the public. To avoid even the appearance of impropriety. I also will never play on server where I know the sysop plays on their own server. I have a list of those server where the sysop's have either been caught playing or have either admitted to me personally that they play.

sk


That of course is your prerogative. I do however have a theory... if you may not be able to avoid the temptation of looking into tedit in a game you are playing, that may explain your distrust. I have discipline and the trust of the players who chose to play with or against me, knowing full well that I'm the sysop.

Author:  Star Killer [ Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Cruncher wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
Cruncher wrote:

If you can't trust your corp mates why bother? It's only unethical if I get into tedit.

I'm sure some sysops might, but I'm not one of them.


Why I never play on my own server in a game that is open to the public. To avoid even the appearance of impropriety. I also will never play on server where I know the sysop plays on their own server. I have a list of those server where the sysop's have either been caught playing or have either admitted to me personally that they play.

sk


That of course is your prerogative. I do however have a theory... if you may not be able to avoid the temptation of looking into tedit in a game you are playing, that may explain your distrust. I have discipline and the trust of the players who chose to play with or against me, knowing full well that I'm the sysop.


Okay say A user forgets thier PW. or has a script put a pw on a ship. Something that happens all the time. What do you do then? Its not a matter of "temptation" or "distrust" its a matter being totally above board. so no one can say a word. look how many people went complained to me over this Years HHT edit because Micro and Xanos had a small part in writing. I wrote 90% of it there for I did not play. Perhaps thats why more of the hardcore players play on my server and not yours. As the very old saying goes: "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion."

sk

Author:  Cruncher [ Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Star Killer wrote:

Okay say A user forgets thier PW. or has a script put a pw on a ship. Something that happens all the time. What do you do then? Its not a matter of "temptation" or "distrust" its a matter being totally above board. so no one can say a word. look how many people went complained to me over this Years HHT edit because Micro and Xanos had a small part in writing. I wrote 90% of it there for I did not play. Perhaps thats why more of the hardcore players play on my server and not yours. As the very old saying goes: "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion."

sk


You can have your "hardcore" players, they are not who I'm targeting with my server edits. Remember, I'm all about the new and returning players.

I can honestly say, I've never had to do a pw reset in game P, ever! PW resets are usually caused by a script misfiring etc., my players mostly play with Swath, some manually. Some come to game P to get a taste of TWX Proxy and Mombot, but they are far from "hardcore" players.

As for HHT, yeah if Shadow or anyone on the opposition were to write the edit AND play in it, I would have been having an issue with that as well. BUT.. we practiced, they did not. If they had practiced the game may have been more exciting.

Author:  Star Killer [ Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Cruncher wrote:
Star Killer wrote:

Okay say A user forgets thier PW. or has a script put a pw on a ship. Something that happens all the time. What do you do then? Its not a matter of "temptation" or "distrust" its a matter being totally above board. so no one can say a word. look how many people went complained to me over this Years HHT edit because Micro and Xanos had a small part in writing. I wrote 90% of it there for I did not play. Perhaps thats why more of the hardcore players play on my server and not yours. As the very old saying goes: "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion."

sk


You can have your "hardcore" players, they are not who I'm targeting with my server edits. Remember, I'm all about the new and returning players.

I can honestly say, I've never had to do a pw reset in game P, ever! PW resets are usually caused by a script misfiring etc., my players mostly play with Swath, some manually. Some come to game P to get a taste of TWX Proxy and Mombot, but they are far from "hardcore" players.

As for HHT, yeah if Shadow or anyone on the opposition were to write the edit AND play in it, I would have been having an issue with that as well. BUT.. we practiced, they did not. If they had practiced the game may have been more exciting.


My server Targets all players. I have games for noobs, builders games(Two one which your playing in right now). and games for the hardcore players. and in between so b4 you start trashing it. you might want to quit playing there LOL.

sk

Author:  Cruncher [ Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Star Killer wrote:
Cruncher wrote:

You can have your "hardcore" players, they are not who I'm targeting with my server edits. Remember, I'm all about the new and returning players.

I can honestly say, I've never had to do a pw reset in game P, ever! PW resets are usually caused by a script misfiring etc., my players mostly play with Swath, some manually. Some come to game P to get a taste of TWX Proxy and Mombot, but they are far from "hardcore" players.

As for HHT, yeah if Shadow or anyone on the opposition were to write the edit AND play in it, I would have been having an issue with that as well. BUT.. we practiced, they did not. If they had practiced the game may have been more exciting.


My server Targets all players. I have games for noobs, builders games(Two one which your playing in right now). and games for the hardcore players. and in between so b4 you start trashing it. you might want to quit playing there LOL.

sk


I never said you weren't, I said "I" wasn't making games for "hardcore" player.

BTW game U - I'm the only one there if anyone is interested.

Author:  Kane [ Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Lets bring this back to smack talk.

For instance, isn't playing in a game with comet just like shooting fish in a barrel?

Author:  Comet [ Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Kane wrote:
Lets bring this back to smack talk.

For instance, isn't playing in a game with comet just like shooting fish in a barrel?



It reminds me of you mom when she backed talked me.

1 800 Choke that Ho

Author:  LoCuTiS [ Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Your face is stupid.

Author:  Kane [ Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Comet wrote:
Kane wrote:
Lets bring this back to smack talk.

For instance, isn't playing in a game with comet just like shooting fish in a barrel?



It reminds me of you mom when she backed talked me.

1 800 Choke that Ho


Geez that was a 8th grade comeback.

Author:  Comet [ Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Worst player in TW currently?

Kane wrote:
Comet wrote:
Kane wrote:
Lets bring this back to smack talk.

For instance, isn't playing in a game with comet just like shooting fish in a barrel?



It reminds me of you mom when she backed talked me.

1 800 Choke that Ho


Geez that was a 8th grade comeback.



It was early. Man this smack talk is weak. Kind of like Shadow's game play.

Page 5 of 10 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/