View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 am

Forum rules

1. Each thread must begin with the Tournament Name, date expected to open, host server information, and rules if this information is available.
2. After the tournament officially opens, we will then open the thread to general discussion of the tournament.
3. There will be one thread here per tournament.
4. Members not in the game are allowed to comment on the game, however if this results in arguments that get personal the member NOT playing will be banned from the thread. This can be a temporary or permanent ban.
5. Posts viewed by the admin/moderators of this site as being out of line with the intent of this thread, can be moved or deleted at the moderators discretion.
6. Continued violations of the rules of this thread can result in the temporary or in extreme cases a permanent ban from this thread.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 2019 Big Game Draft Tournament 
Gameop

Unread post Re: 2019 Big Game Draft Tournament
Great job to Everyone. C2 it happens, a bad start can end a game quickly (been on both sides of that).

I know some people were not a fan of this type of game but I certainly was. I actually think this favors players that are afk because invasions would be really difficult. Gridding was actually fun in this game because there was no fear of a foton. Even if you got podded you still had turns to live another day. This would be a great edit for a chess game.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:11 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant J.G.

Thanks for the game all, on both sides.

There was a few nervous members on our side who had recent run ins with many of corp 2. So we did attempt to prepare accordingly and the start actually went very nicely. I have no doubt it looked like we had more prep than we did. I had a major panic a few days out when I realized I had the date wrong and it started a day later when I was managing football matches all day. Being the egotistical control freak I clearly have to be at keys for us to win right? I only spent 15 minutes at the start, via phone, in a club room playing. So all Credit to everyone else on my side for taking care of one of the more smooth starts. Considering the constant bot issues and other things you all did really well.

Corp 2 I did expect a bigger start, hence the panic on our side after your recent results. It's unlucky for you, but fortunate for us and no doubt had a big impact on the result. Thanks for still sticking with it, perhaps not the last week or so :) but I think it's time we all moved on.

Hopefully all the new guys I played with get a bit more confidence and we all shared some knowledge. While I may not share all our scripts, I'm more than happy to discuss tactics and help out where I can.

Shadow as always,I don't appreciate some of the comments/accusations (bug use!), but I do appreciate that you always "bring it". So keep doing that and hopefully next game a few more of your guys can be at keys where I suspect we'll face a whole other game.

And many thanks to SK that has to put up with our sh!t :)

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:17 pm
Lieutenant

Hammer_2 wrote:
Shadow as always,I don't appreciate some of the comments/accusations (bug use!), but I do appreciate that you always "bring it". So keep doing that and hopefully next game a few more of your guys can be at keys where I suspect we'll face a whole other game.

Hammer, just one thing I'll say on this and then I'll be done. Not going to respond after this - not trying to have an argument here.

We observed some things that were unusual and that I still can't explain. We asked the question of whether there could have been bugs that we weren't aware of. I apologize that this was seen as an accusation of cheating.

You have a lot of people on your team that I respect, including you, and I don't think any of you are unethical players. This was v1, perhaps there are things nobody on our side knows about v1, but it doesn't matter now, game's over. We were not doing this to be whiners or anything else, I truly cannot explain some behavior that I saw, nor can I replicate it. However, that doesn't mean that anybody did anything intentionally wrong.

Good game, as always.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:40 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

The Bounty Hunter wrote:
Great job to Everyone. C2 it happens, a bad start can end a game quickly (been on both sides of that).

I know some people were not a fan of this type of game but I certainly was. I actually think this favors players that are afk because invasions would be really difficult. Gridding was actually fun in this game because there was no fear of a foton. Even if you got podded you still had turns to live another day. This would be a great edit for a chess game.

No foton's did make it a very different game. tho im not sure if I'd very run it again that way, it was interesting to see how yall reacted to it..

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:40 am
Profile WWW
Lieutenant

Star Killer wrote:
No foton's did make it a very different game. tho im not sure if I'd very run it again that way, it was interesting to see how yall reacted to it..

sk

Yeah, you wouldn't get any takers from corp 2 for another no foton game.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:11 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

Shadow wrote:
Star Killer wrote:

sk

Yeah, you wouldn't get any takers from corp 2 for another no foton game.

well to be fair no fotons did allow yall to come back from the dead at least once... lol

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant

Star Killer wrote:
well to be fair no fotons did allow yall to come back from the dead at least once... lol

sk

Not at all, those 3000 sectors we gridded were whitespace. Passive grid, never hit a fig.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:32 pm
Profile ICQ
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9