View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

Forum rules

1. Each thread must begin with the Tournament Name, date expected to open, host server information, and rules if this information is available.
2. After the tournament officially opens, we will then open the thread to general discussion of the tournament.
3. There will be one thread here per tournament.
4. Members not in the game are allowed to comment on the game, however if this results in arguments that get personal the member NOT playing will be banned from the thread. This can be a temporary or permanent ban.
5. Posts viewed by the admin/moderators of this site as being out of line with the intent of this thread, can be moved or deleted at the moderators discretion.
6. Continued violations of the rules of this thread can result in the temporary or in extreme cases a permanent ban from this thread.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 A Subzero Christmas Tournament 
Lieutenant

Unread post Re: A Subzero Christmas Tournament
Hammer_2 wrote:
FYI: bug is a random plock issue.

We had a plock in your back bubble (First one we evicted you from) fail randomly. So you got to live there an extra day.

Then twice in your door, one including when you moved the door forward. So that was going to be a devasting blow from our point of view on you. And I know how they work and test it thoroughly in another game.. well I'm sure I know, these just fail randomly.

That's not really a new bug, though. And we knew you were plocking because you were doing it and hitting our limp clear script in the game prior to this. We thought you had simply left someone behind on a port in the bubble, but plocking makes more sense. That was smart.

And re them failing randomly, they also fail when you get disconnected, which is why YOU lived through the invasion last night. I had the door plocked before you came (the sector with the two players in it) and a modified citkill that wouldn't hit the tholians. I was going to plock in when you started hitting them and kill the guys in boats firing at them.

And then... my Internet service (thank you Comcast) went down for almost 15 minutes, right after you started invading. My one other corpie who was awake can vouch for this.

So you got a LOT of luck on that, too.

Quote:
and as for the big mystery on fighters..

Well, you didn't invade one planet which had 4 mil figs and two players on it.
I wonder what else it had?? oh that's right, a citadel treasurey. The planet with the MOST fighters funnily enough had all the cash.

We haven't BOUGHT a fighter since day 2-3... we had 5.5mil cols? so yeah, who needs to buy them when you make 2-3mil per day.

I mean, surely if you do the maths on what 3mil plus on equipment makes? that's around 500mil a day BEFORE we use a turn.

Sure, but you didn't have ports to sell them to from day one, etc. So that took time and we had the exact same cashing strategy as you.

The big different was that you got more of the cols, because our start sucked. We completely blew the startup and still managed to stay in the game. We had 2+ million cols to your 4+ million and we still almost beat you.

Quote:
We had almost 2 billion in the cit, hence was going to invade you tonight or tomorrow. You beat us to the punch. And you did a genuinely awesome job of ALMOST taking us out. I'm legit when I say well done, we thought we were so far ahead it wasn't funny. So we were lazy.

I can't say more as there is another corp in the game, WHO ARE NOT OUR PARTNERS. However, we barely did it, and if we didn't do it just then, we loose, because those 4:1 odds are a killer.

FYI: happy to send logs to SB, it's all there where the money came from.

No need to send logs anywhere, I understand now and some of the bitching was heat of the moment about 6 hours past my normal bedtime last night.

This is definitely the last time I ever bring a US east coast based corp to a game where midnight is at 3am our time. That was a huge advantage to your team as well. Not an unfair one but just bad decision making on our part in playing this game in the first place. We never had more than one person up at midnight game time for the most part, and frequently none. And that's when you did just about everything you did.

I'm proud of my team. We had very limited resources due to a HORRIBLE startup and first few days, but we stuck it out, had a strategy to keep you out of the bubble that largely worked, had a cashing strategy that worked extremely well (we were making 250+ million a day with only 2m colos) and managed to execute an invasion with limited resources.

And the coders on our team produced a half dozen great new scripts that will be very useful in the future, several of which allowed us to stay alive against some strong efforts by the other team.

I want to thank Team Woodland Critters:

Shadow - Squirrely the Squirrel
Rider - Skanky the Skunk
Tracker - Beary the Bear
Doomed - Raccoony the Raccoon

A very strong effort by all to make this an extremely close game regardless of the final outcome.

Good luck to the two remaining corps.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:29 am
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant

The Bounty Hunter wrote:
Shadow,
As hammer said, the planet with 4 mil figs would have been worth invading. You could have ended the game right there for us.

Great timing on your invasion. Caught us with our pants down and had us on the brink of being done. I mean 500 figs in our door sector. Shame on us there. lol . We should have known you wouldn't turtle the whole game but you beat us to the punch and you made us pay.

But ........ you didn't go for the kill shot and you paid for it.

I wish I could have been at the keys last night for the rebound. Hammer and MD had a plan to kill or be killed and go out in a blaze of glory. Great job and now to look for any stray planets and ships and then prepare for the next battle with other corp.

Great job.

We didn't leave the planet with the figs alone because we didn't think it was important, we didn't have the figs to take it or of course we would have. You had way more resources then us when we started that invasion, and we had to take out your reloader in sector by landing his planet, which meant we had to get him to land, which meant I needed one person to fire at him with defender odds, enough to take out about 80k of his figs a dozen times while I wore down the planet enough to take it.

If you guys didn't have military response on that planet we never would have gotten past your door. That killed you because I was able to land it with an Enterra and didn't need many figs at all to cap the planet. But we still had to spent a TON of them to beat your tholian in sector.

At the end of the day, it was about resources and you had more. We evened the odds a lot by getting you to waste figs on our tholians and by being smart about how we did the invasion. Figs in that door would have made zero difference because I would have photoned under them. Having more figs on your tholian planet and not having military response on would have kept us out.

We used every last fighter we had capturing 9 of your 12 planets, quite literally. So "not going for the kill" is utter BS. We were lucky corp 2 didn't come in after they saw what happened because we couldn't have defended against them.

We were going to use the ore on those planets to try to keep you out last night but then realized that with up to 12 pods on your 4 players, and a high likelihood you would use them all, that wasn't going to work. So we did the tholians in the door. And it almost worked. We made back 2.5m figs before you came between what the planets produced and what we could cash. Another 500k would have kept the tholians alive. It was that close.

Good game guys. I apologize for any insinuations about mega corping or whatever because my brain was too tired to understand what actually happened at 4am my time.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:33 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

Okay. You got me.. we were Mega-Corping with Corp2.. we cashed for them and even gave them Figs, bought ore, gridded, and.... oh crap.. I'm on Corp 2 :roll:

If you squint and tilt your head to the left.. jussst right.. you can see Mega Corping Everywhere!!

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:52 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant

LoneStar wrote:
Okay. You got me.. we were Mega-Corping with Corp2.. we cashed for them and even gave them Figs, bought ore, gridded, and.... oh crap.. I'm on Corp 2 :roll:

If you squint and tilt your head to the left.. jussst right.. you can see Mega Corping Everywhere!!

You and I both personally know from direct experience that it happens in tournaments.

I'll just leave it at that.

And as I said, we misread that and apologize. Let's let it go.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:58 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

LoneStar wrote:

After this, megacorping is going to haunt me in both my waking hours, and my dreams. I’m afraid this is going to require years of intensive psychotherapy in order to once again not see megacorps, where none exist.

Telnet: games.tradewars-League.com
Port: 2002
Email: sultanbeytw2002@gmail.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/B3KRuDc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sultanbeytw2002/

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:14 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Shadow wrote:
Good game guys. I apologize for any insinuations about mega corping or whatever because my brain was too tired to understand what actually happened at 4am my time.

All good, appreciate the apology here and on ICQ.

I get the lack of sleep..

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46 pm
Gameop

Congrats corp 3!

Clark

HHT 2020

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:42 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

Congrats Corp 3. Good game

We had a true Griswold Christmas: 1part stress, a pinch of drama, and a whole lot of fun... shaken, not stirred!!

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:31 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant J.G.

Good Game to both corps!

Made us grid down to the very last sector to get you too.

Was a enjoyable game, lots of drama and close call.

Thanks again to SB for hosting! Server seems to perform great even when 20 + people online.

Think every knows but corp 3 was: Hammer/Mind Dagger/The Bounty Hunter/Sandoval

Cheers,

Hammer

Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:53 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Good game guys! Lots of fun :)

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:11 pm
Commander

Mind Dagger wrote:
Good game guys! Lots of fun :)

Yup! great game.. Had more fun playing then I have in a very long time!
Thanks to Rusty, Clark, and Audrey

Congrats to the four horsemen. You guys are getting hard to play against lol did figure somethings out and have some ideas for the future....

Till next time....

sk aka Cus. Eddie

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

I told you it would be a slaughter :)

it was a lot of fun - GG Everyone - Thanks for hosting BEY - Audrey

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:04 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

I would like to say that I truly enjoyed hosting this tournament. Thank you all for participating and making this tourney competitive and a joy to be apart of. I have some other ideas brewing that I would like to bring to fruition. I will warn you though, some may be bad. However, I would love to see ya'll give them a go.

Congratulations to Mind Dagger, Sandoval, The Bounty Hunter, and Hammer. You truly have beaten the best.

Telnet: games.tradewars-League.com
Port: 2002
Email: sultanbeytw2002@gmail.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/B3KRuDc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sultanbeytw2002/

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8