View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 am

Forum rules

This is not an area to debate the pros and cons of proposed features. It is an area for people to suggest new features for either TW or TWGS. I will either add the proposed feature to my planned features list, or explain my reasons for passing on the feature at this time. Features added to the list can be voted on so I can gauge people's interest.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Hold Limitations 
Sergeant Major

Unread post Hold Limitations
Something I was thinking would be neat, is to have a way to set the maximum amount of a particular good that can be carried by the ship. Such as No tradegoods, but 255 colonists...that sort of thing...as a configuration option.

Would give us the flexibility to setup things like Colony Ships, Fuel Tankers, Equipment Freighters, etc....

Could be an option like "Enable Hold Restrictions?" with No being the default. But on a per ship class basis, we could say Yes, and then we could configure that maximum amount (up to the maximum number of holds) that the ship can carry, per type

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:24 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Hold Limitations
That sounds like an interesting and fairly simple Gold feature. I'll put it on my Gold "todo" list for the next time I'm adding Gold features.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

It would also be great if the hold numbers could be increased, up to 2,500, for example.

Also, along with the costs of items from the Hardware Emporium, it would be nice if things could be made much more costly.

Oh, and add a setting for red only accessible ships.

TWX Proxy Reference Online

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

and class 0 costs... With reds being able to make almost unlimited cash, holds fighters, and shields are too cheap.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:19 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]