View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:32 am

Forum rules

This is not an area to debate the pros and cons of proposed features. It is an area for people to suggest new features for either TW or TWGS. I will either add the proposed feature to my planned features list, or explain my reasons for passing on the feature at this time. Features added to the list can be voted on so I can gauge people's interest.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 TransWarp 
Veteran Op

Unread post TransWarp
I was reading another thread and found my self wondering about something. You can restrict a ship to Density scanner or D/H but there is no setting to force a ship to only be Twarp 1 or 1/2. Is there some logic why or is it simply because no one ever ask?

The Mad Hatter wrote:
There are problems with these costings. The T-Warp Upgrade cost is based on a 2 byte Integer (0 to 65535 - while Tedit limits you to 50000 but anyone with a bit of skill can change this with a Hex Editor), which throws T-Warp upgrade pricing out of line. Back in the old days people actually used Basic T-Warp some times. Now no one uses it, but with the increased costs it might come back into use.

Wayne

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:49 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Site Admin

Unread post Re: TransWarp
Seems like an oversight. The game could certainly support that, but there isn't a menu item to do it, I guess.

I think the options should be None, TWarp I or Both, but not TWarp II. I don't think it makes much sense to only allow a TWarp II unit, does it?

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

No that's what I meant I just didn't convey it very well... :)

Or did my wife request you to call me out on this...she claims I do this same thing all the time. :lol:

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:48 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Site Admin

No, I was honestly asking for input. What makes more sense, allowing only those three options, or also allowing a ship to carry just the Type II? I wasn't sure if that was something I should make an assumption about.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

There is really no reason to limit a ship to TWarp II that I can think of. Maybe someone else has a thought but I only see 3 options you specified above.

None / 1 / Both

Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:51 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

I like this suggestion, and agree with JP's assessment. I'd like to make ship selection more interesting by providing some cargo ships with twarp, and I'd like to limit them to Type I.

Sun May 06, 2012 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]