View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 am

Forum rules

This is not an area to debate the pros and cons of proposed features. It is an area for people to suggest new features for either TW or TWGS. I will either add the proposed feature to my planned features list, or explain my reasons for passing on the feature at this time. Features added to the list can be voted on so I can gauge people's interest.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 XP Bonus for 100% Exploration 
Staff Sergeant

Unread post XP Bonus for 100% Exploration
Was thinking there should be an XP bonus for exploring 100% of the galaxy, maybe a percentage based on the size of the galaxy.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:43 am
Site Admin

Unread post Re: XP Bonus for 100% Exploration
This is a candidate for a Botlink extension. This is a good example of why I'm creating Botlink. Rather than implement every interesting idea directly in the game, I'd rather put my effort into creating a tool that will allow people to explore these ideas on their own, and to make them available to others.

Using Botlink, you could already write a controller that runs once per day, scans through all active players and looks at the count of explored sectors, then grants them an experience award. The only thing missing is the function to post an announcement to their mail, but that's right around the corner.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

Would this be under BotLink as well?

I'd like to be able to set up a game with maybe 4 ships available at the beginning with more advanced ships showing up at a later date, maybe like one every 30 days. I think it would be interesting to have to wait for the "technology" to develop.

Just a setting on ships to determine if they are available at the start of the game or what day they would show up, kinda like you can do for the aliens.
It would be cool to enter the game and see an announcement from the manufacturer that a top of the line ship was now available at the stardock.

That gives me another idea. Any way the prices of ships can fluctuate? Depending on how many are in use in the universe or maybe just the economy? Prices of older ships dropping when a new top of the line ship comes along could be fun.

If either of these have been touched on already, I apologize.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:26 am
Commander

Actually , this too could be done with a bot link script ..
These are all great ideas .. and someone may take yo up on these .. or maybe you could make them and have them available to use by others as well.

Cool ideas , way to go ;)

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

I'll poke around to see if I can answer this question myself and I apologize for the noobishness, but where can I find information about BotLink scripts or how to write them?

*edit*

So I did some searching on Google and found John's Blog entries about Botlink.
It looks a bit intimidating. I'll toy with it some and keep an eye on how it develops and see if there's any chance I'll ever get anywhere with it.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]