View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Exporting TWA files in v2 specifically global files 
Ambassador

Unread post Exporting TWA files in v2 specifically global files
John

I ran into an issue in v2.20b when I was exporting TWA files. Specifically I could not choose specific global files for export like I can in v1.03.

What I would like to see is the custom .nam files default to the specific Game's Gold Directory and custom txt and ansi (specifically alien description files but any configurable files that would go into the global ANSI directory) files moved to the game's ANSI directory instead of putting those custom files into the global TWGS/Game/Gold or TWGS/Game/ANSI directory.

It makes more sense to store custom files in the Game/%GAMEDIR%/ANSI and Game/%GAMEDIR%/Gold directory for easy import and export to and from TWAs

Basically it would mean that the custom game descriptions, the custom announcements, alien descriptions, any custom files created for a specific edit could be stored in the TWA as local files.

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Exporting TWA files in v2 specifically global files
Yeah, that's basically why the global stuff isn't being packaged like it was, because I'm moving more to expecting these files to be stored in each directory, to avoid overwriting when you import.

For now, just copy those files into the local directories and you should be able to modify and use them there. I should create those files when you bang a Gold game and they're missing, but I don't think that's currently being done. Those directories are created and if you put files there, they'll be used before the global versions, but the name and rank files are not created there automatically yet.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Exporting TWA files in v2 specifically global files
John Pritchett wrote:
Yeah, that's basically why the global stuff isn't being packaged like it was, because I'm moving more to expecting these files to be stored in each directory, to avoid overwriting when you import.

For now, just copy those files into the local directories and you should be able to modify and use them there. I should create those files when you bang a Gold game and they're missing, but I don't think that's currently being done. Those directories are created and if you put files there, they'll be used before the global versions, but the name and rank files are not created there automatically yet.

Thats excellent news. I will get with Thrawn as most of his games have a description, rank and ship nam files.

I am working on a farscape edit, creating name and ship nam files for 4 alien races so I will test it out.

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]