View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 TWGS Service still not functional 
Gameop

Unread post TWGS Service still not functional
I installed 2.16, then did the file rewrite posted earlier to fix the service bug.

Now I am having the same issues as before. Installed as a service works fine for a few days, then you cannot login to the game. I open the service window and I can start and stop the service just fine but neither resolves the problem. Even with it successfully started, players can't access the game.

So, the next plan was to uninstall the service. It fails. I keep getting the 'unable to uninstall' error.

Rebooting my server is my only fix. I can;t even resolve it from within the service manager in my windows 2003 machine.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

Unread post Re: TWGS Service still not functional
Other than the bug with TWGSSERV trying to install Botlink as a service, nothing was changed related to services in any recent updates. So maybe this is somehow related to that Botlink bug. When I get a clean update out without the Botlink service bug, hopefully it'll fix. If not, let me know and I'll have another look at it.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

Ok. This really has been my only issue with the service from the beginning. It did take a full reboot of my server (something I don;t like doing unless it's update time) to get TWGS back up for my users.

I will continue to run it in local mode until the update is done. It just means I have to remain logged in as admin to keep it going.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:18 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

What version were you running prior to the latest update? I just want to consider all of the possible things that might have effected running as a service.

The only thing I can think of that changed with v2.16 that might effect a service is the addition of a DLL for handling TWGS<->TW IO. I don't know if there are any special needs for DLLs that run from a service.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:35 am
Profile WWW
Gameop

I have been upgrading all along, each version that comes available.

I had another issue and it might be related. I forgot to pay my domain name and it went poof. The server was running when that happened. I found the server locked up during that time (couldn't get into it even by using the IP).

A reset of the TWGS server solved the problem and I have since corrected the domain name issue. It's been running fine now for a week. I don't see how the domain name failing would cause it to lockup but maybe?

Last edited by Master Blaster on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

Ok, so there was a change between 2.15 and 2.16?

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

wow, you camping in the forum this morning? lol

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:42 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

I'm working on tracking down a bug with Vid. We communicate through PM quite a bit.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]