View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Incorrect "Age of Game in Days" on first Game Server slot 
Immortal Op

Unread post Incorrect "Age of Game in Days" on first Game Server slot
My apologies if this is a dupe (I scanned but didn't see anything relevant), or if I'm misinterpreting something here:

1. Install Game Server (Download showed v2.18b, in-game displays version as 3.32b Gold). This was a totally clean install (first ever install for me). I accepted all defaults.
2. Launched TWGS from start menu.
3. Entered all (optional) info and hit Activate.
4. Opened up Command Center and OK'd default initial message. Default "My Game" has been created.
5. Hit "Play" on that game. Enter user name.
6. Hit "S" to for Game Settings

Result:

Initial default settings shows "Age of game" as 168 days.

The real result for us was that every player who joined that first day got crushed by the Ferrengi after the first set of turns and had to restart. I reset the game age in the General Editor, but saw the same thing when trying to continue the first game. The text there seemed to imply that setting this to something other than 0 on the first actual day of the install would result in a harder-than-normal game, and that's what we seem to have seen.

Note: I've started a second game slot from scratch after changing the setting, and hopefully we'll have better luck.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:52 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Incorrect "Age of Game in Days" on first Game Server slo
Thanks for the report. Expected behavior would be for the startup game to be aged to 10 days, just to give it a "lived in" feel. I'll have a look at that.

Thanks! And welcome back.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]