View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Ferrengi and Alien Traders - Recapture Sector Defenses? 
Staff Sergeant

Unread post Ferrengi and Alien Traders - Recapture Sector Defenses?
I have observed two unexpected behaviors by Gold AI Aliens in my test game (TWGS v. 3.34b). These aliens are "The Mucoids" (after an Arthur C. Clarke short story), with settings similar to the Ferrengi, but with higher values on their ships :
1. I have been hit several times by Photons while passing through a sector in Mucoid space. Have AI Aliens always been able to use Photon missles? I don't recall ever seeing this before, and I have been playing TW2002 on and off since the early '90's.
2. After capturing the Mucoid home world, I set up my own (Corporate) Sector defenses with 2,000,000,000 Sector figs (the maximum). Coming back to the game the next day, I find slightly less than 2 billion figs still in the sector, but they are now Mucoid figs. I try setting the figs back to 2 billion (in Tedit), Corporate-Offensive (figs immediately attack). The next day, they're Mucoid again! Is this something in the game server that is giving my sector defense figs back to the AI aliens at Extern, since this is technically their home space sector, or is there some setting that I'm unaware of that is causing this? How are the Mucoids getting through 2 billion sector defense figs? I've turned the Photon Wave Duration to zero, and will see if that makes a difference.
3. The Mucoids keep trying to land on any planet I place in their home sector. They keep depleting the Planet Shields, so I know they're attacking the shields and trying to land. When I first placed one of my own L6 planets there, with the PIG turned on, the planet was out of fuel (1,000,000 of fuel) in less than 30 minutes, just from the PIG being turned on. Does this mean that Gold Aliens can actually capture real player's planets? I haven't seen them trying to attack into my own Personal and Corporate Base sectors yet, but is that only a matter of time before they do?

I didn't realize that Gold Aliens had this much capability and could be this aggressive.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:34 am
Private

Unread post Re: Ferrengi and Alien Traders - Recapture Sector Defenses?
This doesn't help you at all, but what short story are they from?

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]