View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Aliens in a specific ship 
Ensign

Unread post Aliens in a specific ship
In the edit I am only running Gold Alien Traders. I made a new ship I want just for this race, and I looked up some posts but I can't figure out how to make the aliens appear in just this ship. It has been running a while and they are all in regular game ships right now.

Is there any way to make all their ships convert over to this new one? What settings do I need to change to do that?

As I said, I made the new ship, set it for the Alien Traders, and made it active but none of them are in it.

Do I need to make a new race and then assign them to just this specific ship type? How would I do that?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:38 am
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: Aliens in a specific ship
In the ship are where you made the ship, Option 5,

� Ship Ratings Combat IV, Cargo IV, Transport IV, Scout II �
� �
� <C> Deployment method Alien �
� <D> Target Race Ferrengi �
� <E> Functional Yes �
� <F> Unique Yes �
� <H> Available Yes �
� �
� <I> ANSI illustration No �
� <J> Text description SHIP20.TXT �
� <K> Ship is active Yes

The Text description is not relavent, but just use the options like above, and set <D> to the race you want in the ship. You might have to delete all the aliens to get one to spawn in the new ship. Once in a ship it won't change until they respawn.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:12 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ensign

Thanks Toyman, appreciate it :D

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:31 am
Ensign

I'm not doing something right, I followed Toyman's directions, had all the settings that way, made sure to save to disk. Whenever I activate the server again, the ship becomes unavailable. I reset it, it goes back to unavailable. I started a new race, based the new race on the alien traders. Made sure alien traders and Ferengi are disabled.

When I get the ship available, still only 1 will spawn in it. They refuse to start out in the ship. Whenever I cap the ship, they don't get one. I go back, and the ship has made itself unavailable again.

I go in and manually put every alien from the race in one, make sure the ship is set as available, make sure to save the settings, when I cap one or a new one spawns, they are spawning in General ships.

This is getting frustrating, what am I doing wrong?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:22 am
Gameop

Gold Aliens editor (number 3 in the editor), tab 4 resources.

Make sure that Specific ships is set and General ships is not. Exclude general ships. Dont include them for the race and they can only spawn in the ships you specify.

Does that help??

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:07 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op

SteveH_66 wrote:
I'm not doing something right, I followed Toyman's directions, had all the settings that way, made sure to save to disk. Whenever I activate the server again, the ship becomes unavailable. I reset it, it goes back to unavailable. I started a new race, based the new race on the alien traders. Made sure alien traders and Ferengi are disabled.

When I get the ship available, still only 1 will spawn in it. They refuse to start out in the ship. Whenever I cap the ship, they don't get one. I go back, and the ship has made itself unavailable again.

I go in and manually put every alien from the race in one, make sure the ship is set as available, make sure to save the settings, when I cap one or a new one spawns, they are spawning in General ships.

This is getting frustrating, what am I doing wrong?

Disable the internal aliens and use the gold ones.... whoops!

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ensign

Thanks Scolfax, that helps on the alien settings. But what about the custom ship I want them in? As I said, it keeps reverting to not available. I have it set to deploy to aliens, with this race as the target race. Should it be set to General, Alien or Manual?

After looking at the help on that setting, it appears that Manual deployment is the right way, am I correct?

Thanks Toyman, I did the Bigbang with internal aliens off, I'm only running gold aliens, I deactivated Alien Traders and Ferengi, did this new race based on the alien traders and that's the only alien race active.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:02 am
Ensign

OK, think I may have figured out the setting that keeps making the ship revert to not Available. If you want an entire race to have a ship, you set Unique=No. From what I read, Unique is for having a special super ship with only one instance of that ship in the game, like the Ferengi Scorpion I guess - or a sysop version of it.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 pm
Site Admin

Sorry if that was confusing. Anything I could do to make it more clear?

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

Not sure JP, it's fairly easy to figure out with a little reading of the help screens but you know how that is, few of us read the manual before doing things. :lol:

Maybe a bit more detail on the Deployment methods, especially Manual deployment. The first time I read the screen I thought manual deployment meant that you would have to manually deploy that ship to each and every player/alien you wanted to have it.

But overall not too hard to understand and the forums are here to ask questions in for something unclear or that you don't quite grasp. It was my first time deploying a ship targeted at a specific race, and I think any time you do something the first time in t-edit it can be confusing if you don't look at help and do a forum search and/or post here.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:52 pm
Site Admin

I think there should be a degree in TEDIT ;) It's not for the faint of heart.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]