View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Easy TWGS config question; I made a mistake someplace. 
1st Sergeant

Unread post Easy TWGS config question; I made a mistake someplace.
I've been experimenting with setting up local games, changing settings, trying to learn how to use all these scripts so many of you are experts at...

My recent bang is giving me an error when loading via TWX proxy:

twgs this is a private game please enter a password

(nothing works; my password is not valid, I've changed the game to NOT BE private...)

--when loading through the TWGS it works fine...

I've checked the settings menus about ten times... I can't figure out what the problem is.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

perhaps it has to do with gameport / rlogin vs admin and telnet...

I'm trying to make Swath connect directly and am having issues... I guess I'm just missing something at the conceptual level.

edit-
port 2002 with telnet also gives me the same issue... says its a private game and wants a password... the password I have for my user does not work...

edit2
Port 2003 - as admin.. lets me connect through either twx proxy or swath - but I dont really want to edit my login script to go through the sysop menu...

is it possible that because I dont have a registered copy of TWGS that I can't connect normally to it as a random 'user'? that I'm going to have to connect as the admin?

edit3; I guess it doesnt really matter since I can log in as admin... but I would still like to know what the issue is eventually... if someone has an answer to this feel free to send a reply; even if its 4 years from now... lol

Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:43 pm
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Easy TWGS config question; I made a mistake someplace.
use a telnet port. I think RLogin requires a password

Also there are 2 places for passwords on a game, You have passwords for a game op and password for a game.

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]