View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 TW Museum TWA archive 
Site Admin

Unread post TW Museum TWA archive
I opened a new area of the TW museum today for TWA files. I filled it with the edits in this forum, but all I really have are most of the edit names and the file link for download. These are really lacking a lot of information. I have not gone through each post here and looked at the info provided. I moved the TWAs to the museum automatically. So there may be some info already here.

Basically, here's what I want to include with each TWA in the museum.

1) The author. Preferably linked to a museum community member page.
2) When it was created.
3) What version is it for. Any EDIT for TWGS v1 will work in TWGS v2, but it won't necessarily be balanced because of some Gold alien bug fixes. So I guess if an edit has not been updated and re-exported for TWGS v2, it should probably just say TWGS v1, while an edit that's been rebalanced for v2 would say TWGS v2. A single TWA page might say both TWGS v1 and TWGS v2 if it includes two downloads, one for each version.
4) A description of what makes that edit unique.
5) In the notes area, anything interesting about the TWA, maybe some details of a tournament it has been used with, etc. The description is meant to help someone figure out what to expect from the edit, but the notes area should have more personal interest and historical detail.

If you'd like to help me clean up and fill in the detail on this TWA archive, please go to http://wiki.classictw.com/index.php?title=Category:TWA and pick any TWA you have information about. If you know who created the TWA, enter the author's name in the Created By field, then click Add or Edit. If the player exists, the TWA will be added to his/her page. If not, create the new community member page and provide as much info as you have about him or her.

Several TWA files have names like GameA, etc. We really should have more descriptive names for these edits. If anyone would be willing to make a list of what these edits should be called, I'll clean that up in the museum.

Once we get this in shape, I'd like to shift to using it as our repository of TWAs rather than this forum. I plan to add a prominent link to it from this forum soon so it'll be easy to jump in there and work with the TWAs, add new ones, edit existing ones, etc. I consider it a high priority for people who are exploring TWGS today to be aware of these edits and to be able to easily explore them. I can add a window in TWGS that will grab info about the TWAs from the museum and allow gameops to peruse them directly from TWGS, maybe even grab them directly on import.

I know we've talked about allowing TWGS v2 exports to be signed, and that's still a goal, but it's not in the immediate future. Right now I'd just like to try to organize and archive as many of the existing edits as possible so we don't ever lose them.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:57 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Unread post Re: TW Museum TWA archive
Does anyone know the creators of any of the following? IF so please state the edit name and the creator. (rather than quoting the whole list)

ArtofWar.twa
AttackZone.twa
Arachnephobia.twa
BattlestarGalactica.twa
BigGame2.twa
Blood.twa
Boneyard.twa
CampusWW.twa
Chess.twa
Chessv2.twa
Chivalry2ndAge.twa
CronosChallenge.twa