View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 New Forum, New Host, New Help 
Hall of Famer

Unread post New Forum, New Host, New Help
Greetings everybody. I am the new technical administrator for this forum.

As you may have noticed, we have moved the forum to phpBB2.

We did this for several reasons. To keep a long story short, I never liked IportalX, quickly grew to hate their "support" and couldn't get the simplest thing out of them after I had already converted the AccessDB to MS SQL. Screw it! phpBB2 to the rescue.

So being familiar with the software already, I imported the old EIS AccessDB to MySQL and wrote all the queries to convert it. No, it's not PERFECT, but it's 95%.

The other 5% means:
You'll all have to reset your avatars, request new passwords.
And that the DB I converted is like 2 weeks old. Don't complain. The space-time continuum will survive, you nerds.

The biggest news is - the forum is faster than ever and everything is here (well, almost, we deleted some unused forums and their unread posts). We also reorganized the structure of things, combined some redundant forums, and renamed a few things. Things should be a lot easier to figure out, now.

I'd like to thank earth for helping move the forum and data to the new host in a pinch. I understand he's a Darn busy guy so any time he helps, you can be guaranteed he's putting aside other chores or work to help out. To Vulcan, I appreciate all the work you've put into this over the years, nothing will change that. And to all those that offered to help JP when he needed, thank-you, from both of us. It's always good to know help is available.

If you have technical problems, please let me know. My ICQ is 7971550 and AIM is EleqTriziT. Or just post here, I'll get the replies via email.

If you have problems with each other, bug Space Ghost.

Thanks.

Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:16 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

Unread post 
Great Job Eleq. Looks very nice and the speed rocks
Thanks

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:55 pm
Gameop

Unread post 
Yes thanks to everyone and their hard work. Most of all im glad its so much faster now. :D

HHT 2020

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:04 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

Unread post 
Great speed boost :)

I will bookmark this site and give input where needed , lets hope to keep tradewars moving forwards.

Thanks again to all for the support.

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:26 am
Profile WWW
Gameop

Unread post Re: New Forum, New Host, New Help
Eleq, sorry for so late post here, I do like how the phpbb2 looks on this, I wish this is what we whent with when we had it, I do agree, it is faster with mysql, but had to work with what was given me to work with, now I am back semi active in forums, I would like to give my congrats for keepin it alive for all of us. And earth did have a job on helping port it over, I was in the process of having to shut down my server, due to costs, on top of things that went on and forced the move to be sooner than anticipated, cudos to you and earth. I am always still here to help, and do what I can for the comunity now some things are coming back together for me, I am going to try to be more active in this community again.

I know I am answering in an old post, but felt I needed to give the cudos out to Eleq, we went way back on some things and he helped me with understanding php code too. Thanks for that as well Eleq.

Vulcan

Forum and site down for now.
my Email is vulcan219@comcast.net now

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:48 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]