View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Broken/empty System Variables? 
Ensign

Unread post Broken/empty System Variables?
I think I have read about this in past posts, evidently not fixed if I did. Or maybe I am misremembering. But it seems at least 1 System Variable is broken or stays empty or something. When you echo LOGINNAME, it just echos the name of the System Variable, LOGINNAME, to the screen.

Is that System Variable broken? Or is there a trick to using it? Any others that are broken or a trick to using?

After further testing, some of the System Variables work, some don't. GAME seems to be empty, when you send/echo it, all you get is a blank line, not the character of the game you are playing in. PASSWORD is also broken/empty, when you echo/send it just sends a blank line also, not your password for character in the database.

Thanks for any assistance/info

Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:51 pm
Ensign

Unread post Re: Broken/empty System Variables?
OK, in case anyone else is having trouble with these variables, I figured out that it is blank until you set it up in the main setup window of your TWX game setup for that particular game. Even if you don't have "Use Login Script" checkbox checked, if you fill in the boxes for User Name Password and Game (with the letter for the game, A or B or E or whatever) then the USERNAME PASSWORD and GAME System Variables will be populated with the proper data for them.

I haven't tried testing it by blanking the boxes on the setup screen and then using setVar and saveVar commands to set those variables, out of curiosity I will check that later.

Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:46 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: Broken/empty System Variables?
Those vars are gathered from the active TWX game settings menu and can only be changed manually when viewing it or during your game setup/config while disconnected. If nothing was entered they will of course be empty.

TWX Proxy Reference Online

Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:18 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]