View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Zed-Pack NEW RELEASE includes Z-Bot v2.12 and Z-Installer! 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: Zed-Pack NEW RELEASE includes Z-Bot v2.12 and Z-Installe
The Bounty Hunter wrote:
Hey Archy,

For umm, bias reasons, I will never completely stray away from mom_bot. I think you can understand that. I am trying to "marry" the 2 bots as best as I can. I like a lot the functionality of both bots but don't want to have to switchbots all the time. I can turn off certain areas in mom bot if I want zbot to handle that portion.

Hey TBH.. long time.

Could you explain how you are marrying Mombot and ZBot? I remember seeing some kind of interface you were working on a while ago, is it functional at least as beta?

I am compiling a library of all public TW scripts and bots for release at the end of the year, and that would help a lot.

This will form the core code of a graphical game.

Let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks.

-Val

Wed May 18, 2016 12:46 am
Gameop

I am not writing a script to manage the bots. I am more completing edits on my version of the bot to keep the features of M()M Bot but also use the areas of Zbot. Let me give you an example.

Archy's Stats Window is much nicer than the one included with M()M. But Zbot needs to be running for it to work so I currently load z bot and turn the bot off (CTRL-Z). I then renamed the zstats (or whatever the name was) and made it stats.cts and replaced the one included with M()M.

For the Z bot I am turning off all of the move helpers as I find them more cumbersome than helpful. Again this is some bias here as I am trained to use my bot. The goal is to eventually be able to leave both bots on to allow all functionality to work.

This is just easier than re-programming M()M with the things I like (or never thought of) from ZBOT.

Mon May 23, 2016 12:36 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Archy wrote:
The Bounty Hunter wrote:
For the topoff in Fed. I was in Fed space and tested the topoff command (was thinking it would not fire off). It tried to drop a fighter in fed space and I got 10% of my figs hit by Captain Z. Normally wouldn't do that but could be an accidental trigger. Should add a if in fedspace trigger warning message.

yea, I don't want to have to switchbot though. I want to be able to use the best of both bots at the same time. Time can be precious and switchbot could take up precious seconds that could mean the difference between a captured ship for me or a SD for me.

I am going to work a command into my personal bot that will turn off the features that I want Z-bot to handle when it see's Zbot running. This will allow the overlap. Still trying to figure a way to use the same bot command. For now I just turned off Zbot but I am determined to make them co-exist.

I will try that with the hot keys. Another possible feature would to to have a way to NULL them out so if unassigned they won't fire by hot key. Just an idea.

Ahh, I see. I cant believe after all this time that a problem like that would show up.. I'd like to fix that and look at the idea to set the hotkeys to null but I haven't worked on the bot for a long while.. so the next release is not guaranteed to happen.. I suggest you leave the topoff key alone while in fedspace for now.
Thanks for the feedback bh.

Understand. For now I am going to make it some key combo that I won't use. I have to imagine that not a lot of people try to drop figs in fed space anymore so easy for that to slip through the cracks.

Mon May 23, 2016 12:40 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Hey Archy, there no way to pass additional info along with a command for an external script to then pass it onto the triggered script, correct? e.g., 'botname command number

ETA:

Otherwise, perhaps load an external trigger that would grab that line, pull the info and safe it as variable and then load it within the triggered script for usage (though not sure how to account for the botname other than hardcoding it or reading the bot config file)?

TWX Proxy Reference Online

Tue May 24, 2016 4:13 am
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

Adept wrote:
Hey Archy, there no way to pass additional info along with a command for an external script to then pass it onto the triggered script, correct? e.g., 'botname command number

ETA:

Otherwise, perhaps load an external trigger that would grab that line, pull the info and safe it as variable and then load it within the triggered script for usage (though not sure how to account for the botname other than hardcoding it or reading the bot config file)?

Im not sure what you mean.
The bot will pass along parameters to external scripts. Im not sure what the limit is but its at least 8 parameters I think, maybe more..
Also, I think there is the ability to pass indirect parameters to a command being run by a macro using one of the macro commands. (rmac or zmac or something like that for memory... check the built in help)

Teamspeak3: 60.242.57.40:9987
Z-Bot does my dirty work!

Tue May 24, 2016 5:32 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Is it the same as Mombot then? With that you have loadVar $parmX in the external script to grab each data set.

I was trying to pass a number via the command line and could not ever get it, the variable was always 0. I haven't tried it as it is done in Mombot yet though, as I did not see any mention of such a feature in the main Zbot config help.

Tue May 24, 2016 11:25 pm
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

Adept wrote:
Is it the same as Mombot then? With that you have loadVar $parmX in the external script to grab each data set.

I was trying to pass a number via the command line and could not ever get it, the variable was always 0. I haven't tried it as it is done in Mombot yet though, as I did not see any mention of such a feature in the main Zbot config help.

yes.. the external script has to load the variable using loadvar, which is saved from the command line using savevar by the bot.

The variables are saved to the gamename.cfg file in the data folder.

Wed May 25, 2016 5:30 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

I am having a strange issue with Pdriver, it just goes through the list with CK exiting showing nothing to sell. I have wasted about 100K fuel so far, the planet is loaded with products and I am going only to SBB ports. I tried reinstalling everything for Zbot, and still same result. Any ideas on how I can resolve this? TIA

ETA:

Also tried manual mode, but it does not do anything, you press an option and the menu just hangs there.

I tried CK buydown on its own, without Pdriver running, and that is working.

Mombot's Salesman is working.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:05 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Geesh, okay solved the problem. I was putting SBB rather than BSS, I never noticed that was opposite before, it is not the port class, but how you want to interact with the port.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:23 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Adept wrote:
I am having a strange issue with Pdriver, it just goes through the list with CK exiting showing nothing to sell. I have wasted about 100K fuel so far, the planet is loaded with products and I am going only to SBB ports. I tried reinstalling everything for Zbot, and still same result. Any ideas on how I can resolve this? TIA

ETA:

Also tried manual mode, but it does not do anything, you press an option and the menu just hangs there.

I tried CK buydown on its own, without Pdriver running, and that is working.

Mombot's Salesman is working.

Don't use salesman, use merch if you have a lot of product to sell.

Glad you got other issue resolved.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:41 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Anyone seen or heard from Archy? Went looking for his installer and his website is down.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:18 pm
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

yea I'm around... still keeping an eye on things..

My website is no more..
Vid should have the installer... I think..
I looked for it but couldn't immediately find it.
Let me know if you cant get it and i'll dig deeper...

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:39 pm
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

Ok I found it.

I have put it on my teamspeak server since I have no website now.

It's in the Tradewars Channel (right click on the channel and select file browser). The filename is Z-Installer.zip.

The "loose" cts files in that channel are probably later than the ones in the zip file so grab those too and replace them after installation.

Someone please grab the files and make them available to everyone on the net.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:29 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Outstanding!

Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:41 pm
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

I have uploaded the installer to Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdw76xlnx8hbj ... r.zip?dl=0

...and the updated scripts that were also in the Teamspeak Channel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/006mlkokih17r ... s.zip?dl=0

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:51 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next