View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Suggested change to TWGS- feature change 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
JP,
I am in the process of setting up a BBS and TWGS, haven't bought TWGS yet, will be this weekend I imagine. Anyway, as someone with a rather difficult to schedule life, I want to create some games on my TWGS with certain gimmicks, tailored to certain niche's of players. I will ask about those a little later on, after I actually have TWGS running and can see if the features are already there. On to my Question/Suggestion.

I was hoping you could change the feature where, when a player is online and gets attacked, his ship automatically flees to another sector. I have several arguments, that I hope will answer any you may have.

First, because of this fleeing feature, SDF is easily accomplished by teams. In my view SDF totally unbalances the game toward reds, and even more toward bigger teams. As a regular solo player, I find it mathematically impossible to go against 3 or more people running SDF, while, without it, I would have a chance.

You might say that the flee feature is more newbie friendly because it increases their odds of surivival, but I disagree, as SDF is the unintended consequence of the flee feature. Newbies are never the ones with the super scripts and big teams, they are hopelessly outmatched, even more than they are for just being newbies, when this tactic exists.

My second argument is kind of a two parter. In HVS MBBS tw, when attacked online, you did not flee, when offline, you did flee. I find this ideal. From the "realism" standpoint, if I am the captain of my ship, without some sort of "Sim City" AI, my crew should obey my commands. If I have not given the order to leave the sector, while online, they should not do so. At least not due to a fighter attack insufficient to kill all of my fighters. Now, if you are deadset on leaving the flee feature in TWGS the way it is, I would ask that you make it a TEDIT configurable option, so sysops can decide when they bang the game. If that is not acceptable, perhaps another remedy would be to make MBBS mode work the way HVS MBBS did, where you do not flee while online, and keep TWGS where you do flee.

Thanks

Col Sanders

"Jedi do not concern me" -The Sith

Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]