View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 can you corrupt this kind of default file in the TWGS? 
Ensign

Unread post can you corrupt this kind of default file in the TWGS?
Hi all, I have a question about whether it is possible to mess up a default game file or if everything that comes with TWGS is protected by default.

It looks to me like JP added 3 new ships to the gold game, or maybe even to the game in general. The Imperial Starship, Battle Star and another Colonial Transport (unless the dupe Colonial Transport is one I made and forgot). I was making a couple of mods to the Imperial Starship and I saw 2 of them in the ship list, one with the little blue + sign next to it which meant it was active and the other which was inactive.

I don't know if I accidentally made 2 copies of the Imperial Starship and then deleted one of them which was not active, or if it was showing 2 copies of the Imperial Starship, the one I modded and activated and the one with the default settings which was inactive.

I just want to know if I'm messed up a default ship profile and I'm going to need to reinstall TWGS, or if I didn't - in which case it won't matter because it will only count for this edit and any new games I bang starting with the default settings, and mod, will have the Imperial Starship the way JP originally set them up. Thanks

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:26 pm
Ambassador

Unread post Re: can you corrupt this kind of default file in the TWGS?
Not the twgs, its that particular game. You can test it by creating a new game, and on banging it choose start with default data files, then after the bang, look and see the ships.

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

Whew, thanks Helix, that's a relief! :)

Just thought about it, the Battle Star could be my own edit too that I just forgot I made. I don't know if JP added any additional ships to the standard roster as he was changing the TWGS. I definitely wouldn't want to claim any of his work, the guy does a lot of work on this game lol :wink:

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:35 pm
Site Admin

I have not added anything new to the ship list since the Scorpion back when (I think it was ) v3.05 came out.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]