View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 TWGS VPS? 
Site Admin

Unread post Re: TWGS VPS?
MB, of course, you can run a server for each registration. I have no issue with a single individual having multiple registrations. As for volume rates, I am always open to discussions with any gameop. My registration policies are not rigid. It's just that you need to have a standard policy in place, then deal with special cases as they arise.

Jaybird, there is a way to max out the server without having to pay the per-node and per-slot rates. If you reach 15 game slots, you'll automatically get the remaining 10 game slots for free. If you reach 25 game nodes, you'll automatically get the remaining 75 game nodes free. So you only need to register per-slot up to 15 and per-node up to 25 in order to max out the server. Or you can max out the game slots or the game nodes exclusively without maxing out the other. The bottom line is, you can max out a server for $100 if you're starting from scratch. That's more than it used to cost, but that's because I'm trying to limit the number of larger game sites so that those that are already out there have a larger pool of players available to them. I'd like the majority of new registrations to be small, private game sites that recruit their own players rather than drawing them from existing sites.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2