View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Wildcat Batch File Config 
Staff Sergeant

Unread post 
I'm trying to get TWGS to run on top of a Wildcat WIN Server.  Wildcat needs a batch file to trigger the Doors Game, and I'm hoping someone can post one that they've gotten to work on their BBS.  The example of the Autoexec.bat in the Twsysop.doc is a little unclear as to how to get this working on a WinServer, and I haven't had much luck surfing the net on how to configure this thing.
Your help is most appreciated.
Thanks - D

Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:20 am
Gameop

Unread post 
step 1 - buy a windows box
step 2 - install twgs on windows box
step 3 - configure your bbs to redirect to the windows box on port 23
step 4 - consign your first born to the bill and melinda gates foundation

helper : http://svn.thereverend.org:8080/revhelper/

Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:39 am
Commander

Unread post 
DrkStarr wrote:
I'm trying to get TWGS to run on top of a Wildcat WIN Server.  Wildcat needs a batch file to trigger the Doors Game, and I'm hoping someone can post one that they've gotten to work on their BBS.  The example of the Autoexec.bat in the Twsysop.doc is a little unclear as to how to get this working on a WinServer, and I haven't had much luck surfing the net on how to configure this thing.
Your help is most appreciated.
Thanks - D

I know that with our BBS, first we ran Remote Access in DOS. Our batch file was:

:start
c:
cd\bbs\twars
tw2002.exe twnode=%

The % passed to TradeWars the node #, which it then gathered the node info from TradeWars config. This meant that in TradeWars config, you had to configure each node. So if you have 4 nodes, then 4 gets configured in tedit. Also remember node 0 is local.

Now with Synchronet BBS, we use the *telgate command to go to a TWGS. In my command line for SBBS to go to a tradewars game (not TWGS), we call the same command line:

tw2002 twnode=%#

So in my TradeWars directory under my SBBS, I have to go into the tedit, and under Node configuration, I make sure all info is present for each node I plan to use. Be sure to set the 'Path To Drop File' to the node directory of the node you are configuring.

Again that's SBBS, and it's been a while since I've touched WildCat. I hope a little of my post helped to give you direction. It seems that from what I remember most BBS software utilized a similar command line structure. Also be sure that you are selecting the correct drop file type in tedit Node Configuration, and check the I/O type. Old DOS used fossil drivers, requiring us to have a fossil driver loading.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:47 am
Staff Sergeant

Unread post 
Thanks Thrawn,
I didn't know that you had to set up the BBS Node, using the BBS Node Editor in TEdit.  When I try to set it up, it throws me out of the program right away, and generates this error in the log.
TEDIT 3.13 12/11/2006 10:20:25 PM AbEnd:
EC=31 Addr=004C2F46
Access violation at address 004C2F46 in module 'TEDIT.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks - D

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:31 am
Commander

Unread post 
DrkStarr wrote:
Thanks Thrawn,
I didn't know that you had to set up the BBS Node, using the BBS Node Editor in TEdit.  When I try to set it up, it throws me out of the program right away, and generates this error in the log.<FONT face="Courier New" size=2>
TEDIT 3.13 12/11/2006 10:20:25 PM AbEnd:
EC=31 Addr=004C2F46
Access violation at address 004C2F46 in module 'TEDIT.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks - D

I use to get a similar error, and I had to set my twnode first before running tedit. Again it was with Remote Access BBS but I use Synchronet now.

My question as well is this: does your BBS software require a fossil driver? I recall in the DOS days, we had to load a fossil driver in either our autoexec.bat or config.sys (either X00 or BNU were the common ones). I'm not too sure on the error exactly. But my thought is looking at whether you need to load a fossil driver to initialize the ports first. Also what OS are you running on?

--

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:33 am
Staff Sergeant

Unread post 
Well I figured out why TEdit won't run for me.  I was trying to get the TWGS game to run.  After setting up 2002d309 under c:\doors\tw and running TEdit there I can access the BBS Node editor.  I set it up to use a Wildcat config, and used the same Com Port, Base Address, and IRQ in my Virtual Ports (even though I can't set the Node.) Using this batch file:
:start
c:
cd\doors\tw
TWNODE=%wcnodeid%
tw2002.exe
I'm able to get the game to run in a dos window on the server, but it does not output to the Wildcat Server.  I have a copy of door32.dll in the \tw folder, and I'm using Windows 98se to host the system.  Also I'm not sure about the Standard Driver verses the Fossil Driver.  When set up with the Standard Driver it looked like it wanted port information that could be entered in Virtual Ports.  I'm not sure how the whole driver things works, any help here would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for all the help - D

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:56 am
Gameop

Unread post 
The old DMPI version of v3.11 requires that SHARE.EXE be loaded before running TW2002.

maybe that will he help.. I havent run anything DOS in years.

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/darkstarbase

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:21 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Unread post 
I run a copy of the DOS TradeWars off my BBS and I don't load share.exe on my system. The trick to getting the info from the BBS to TradeWars is:

1. Make sure you specify a drop file in your BBS system that TradeWars will recognize. I use DOOR.SYS.

2. In my BBS config, I specify where to place the drop file (in the node directory). So in my tedit for node 1, the drop file is e:\sbbs\node1\, node 2 is e:\sbbs\node2\, etc... to 15 nodes for both BBS and tedit.

Need to ask what type of drop file WildCat produces again? Some software used dorinfo1.def, door.sys, etc.

--

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:54 am
Staff Sergeant

Unread post 
In TEdit I've used the setting for Wildcat, and I've used the setting for Doors.sys and neither work.  I've tried Fossil and Standard Drivers, no change.  I can't get the game to output back to the WinServer, and I'm having problems finding share.exe.  Does anybody know where I can get it?  I downloaded one, but when I run it it says: Share v7.10 ...is already installed!  So I don't think that this is the right program.
Thanks - D

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]